TWENTY

"Bro, you are fucking whipped." Pete was over at Colson's house to hang out while he was in town. It had been a while since they had gotten to see each other, so naturally he updated Pete on his relationship status. He told him all about Allie.

"Fuck you, im not whipped." Pete burst into a fit of laughter as soon as that bullshit came out of Colson's mouth. Pete had known Colson for a long time and had never seen him so caught up on a girl before.

"You're so whipped. I bet if she called right now you would head over there and ditch me." Pete was in the process of rolling a blunt when he looked up at Colson to see if he would deny it or not.

"Well, obviously. I would much rather hang out with her than you." Pete wasn't even offended by this, if he were in a relationship he would do the same thing to Colson.

"I would too. I'm glad we're on the same page so there's no awkward tension." Pete placed the blunt in between his lips and searched for his lighter before he lit it. "When are you going to make it official though?"

Colson reached out to take the blunt when it was handed to him before he took a couple hits as he thought about it. "When it feels right and I know Allie really wants this. It's a big move for her. It wouldn't be just me and her. It would be me, her, and her son."

"She has a kid? How old?" Pete was interested in knowing more of the details. To him, it sounded like there could be some drama mixed in. Baby daddy issues and some ex girlfriend issues.

"He's two. He's a cool little dude. I really like him. We watch paw patrol together." Pete was laughing again as he hit the blunt, nearly coughing up a lung over this.

"Bro, we only watch that when we're high. Now you're gonna watch it on the daily?" He was fully supportive of Colson's choice and would respect it. He just hoped Colson knew what he was getting himself into. That's a big responsibility for someone with his job, and he already had a kid of his own.

He wasn't sure how Colson would have time to please everyone. Between spending time with Casie, work and now spending time with Allie and her son, he didn't know how Colson was even going to be able to sleep.

"Why not? It makes him happy to see someone else excited about his favorite show." Pete threw a hand up in defense as he handed the blunt back to Colson.

"Hey, I'm not judging man. I'm happy for you." He genuinely meant that. If anyone deserved to be happy, it was Colson. Allie seemed to make him happy so she already had his approval. "Does this mean I get to babysit for date nights?"

Colson didn't even hesitate to respond. "Absolutely not." Pete wasn't the type of person you should leave your kids with. He smoked too much weed and cursed like a sailor. "He already says beat your ass because of me. On accident. Imagine what he would say if he spent a few hours with you."

"Oh, I would teach him how to ask for weed. Imagine a toddler running up to you and asking you where's the weed?" This is exactly why Colson wouldn't allow Pete to watch Casie. He definitely wouldn't leave him in charge of a toddler.

"You should never have kids." Colson was half joking. He had a feeling that if Pete had his own kids, things would go differently. Especially if he had a girl. Everyone would see a completely different side of Pete.

"I probably won't. Most women can't put up with me, imagine two of me. Fucking wild." He loved Pete like a brother, he didn't think the idea of that would be too bad. It would be hell for the mother, but not so bad for him.

"When is Allie going to meet Casie?" Colson almost forgot about that, the thought completely slipping his mind. He had to pick Casie up in two days. They were going to go get something to eat before heading to the house to meet up with Allie.

"Friday. She's gonna meet us at the house."

"Is she gonna bring the little boy to meet Casie too? Or are you guys gonna wait for that?" Colson never really talked about that with Allie. He didn't mind either way but he was wondering what Allie would be comfortable with.

"I'm not sure. We haven't really talked about that part yet." He then started wondering about how Casie was going to react to all of this. He never considered how his daughter would feel about Allie being around with a toddler. He hadn't even told Casie yet.

"Fuck! I forgot to even tell Casie about Allie and Ryker." He hated himself for this. He was going to have to call Casie later and talk to her about it before she came here.

"You might wanna do that, bro. If you wait she could take it badly when she gets here and what if she shows it in front of Allie?" Allie probably wouldn't take that well and would leave him so his daughter would be happy.

"Yeah, I'm gonna call her. I hope she doesn't freak out on me."