TWENTY-TWO

Colson wondered how he was going to explain this situation to Allie. He didn't want her to feel like she was keeping him from seeing his child, because she wasn't. This was entirely blown up by Casie's mother.

He wanted nothing more than to have both of them in his life and he was determined to make that happen. He just didn't know how he was going to pull that off yet. He was staring at their text history, trying to make the words come out the right way.

Every time he tried to tell her, he deleted the whole thing before he could send the text message because he didn't like the way it sounded. What if this went the wrong way and he lost her? He was trying so hard to make this work and he didn't want it to be ruined before it even started.

He took a deep breath and began typing, hoping that she was awake and in a good mood at least.

Kelly: can we talk for a moment?

Allie was confused when she picked up her phone when she got his text, wondering what he wanted to talk about. She hoped it was something good but she had a feeling that it wasn't. She had never gotten a text like this from Colson before.

Allie: yeah, sure. what's up?

Kelly: I'm not really sure how to explain this to you.

Allie: well, that's always a good sign.

Allie: just tell me. don't even think about it just type it out and press send.

Kelly: casie isn't coming this week.

Allie: oh no. why not?

Colson was hoping she wouldn't ask that but he knew she more than likely would. How do you tell someone that your daughter wasn't coming because her mother didn't like the thought of her child being around another woman?

Kelly: her mother changed her mind and made plans with her.

Allie: wait what? wasn't this all planned and agreed upon like a few days ago?

Allie: what made her wanna change her mind now?

Kelly: you did.

Allie: me? that doesn't make any sense.

Kelly: she doesn't want casie around another woman. she said she doesn't want all of the confusion.

Allie: I don't have to be around. You can have your time with her.

Kelly: I want you to be around though.

Allie: I don't want to be in the way of you getting to spend time with your daughter, Colson.

Allie: tell her I won't be around. spend time with your kid.

Kelly: Allie...

Allie: No. Call her. I'm not going to be responsible for that. I will find something else to do.

Kelly: So every time I get to see my kid I can't have you around? That doesn't seem right.

Kelly: I would only get to see you two weeks out of the month.

Kelly: That's gonna suck even more when I go on tour.

Allie didn't really think about it that way. She would barely get to see him, but his daughter should always come first. She wondered if she should put him through that kind of stress or just leave him so he could be with his daughter guilt free. She had no clue what to do in this situation.