Chapter Four

I limped out of the tent, my arm wound around my middle and holding onto my slowly healing side. Now I know how humans feel.

I haven't been drinking from anyone like the doctor asked, since I didn't feel that I could control myself. Nor did I want to ask any of my subjects to give me their blood. Despite knowing they would give it to me, no questions asked.

Everyone watches me with wide eyes, knowing that I shouldn't be up or walking. With a smirk, my wings fly out and pull me up into the air. Ah, that's better. I roll my shoulders back, relaxing as I stretch my wings. Annie growls, shifting and jumping into the air. Crashing into me to make me fall to the ground but uses our momentum to hit the ground instead of me. I lay on her naked chest as she wheezes, my wings covering us.

"Annie! Let me stretch my wings!" I demand, she lets out a breathless laugh.

"No, Tanya. You need rest." She growls, forcing me back into my tent despite my yelled pleas. She throws me onto my bed, glaring at me as I hiss. "Rest." She orders, stalking out again with one of my spare shirts on. I grumble under my breath as I burrow beneath the covers.

"This is so stupid." I grumble as Ivy walks in with a smile, holding my tray of food. She sets it onto my lap, sweeping her hair away from her sweaty face.

"No, it's not. I would call Fleetwood to come force you to stay here if I didn't know that he was in the palace trying to find your siblings and making a statement." She points out, sitting down on my legs with a giggle. I roll my eyes, handing her the second spoon so we could share my tray of food.

Everyone always made me way more food than I needed. "Tanya, if you keep sharing your food like this I'm going to force you to drink my blood." She raises an eyebrow at me, grinning in amusement at my groan of annoyance. I flip her off, making her gasp in fake shock. She flicks me forehead, laughing when I wince in pain.

I rub the spot she hurt, baring my fangs at her. She rolls her eyes as we begin eating silently, knowing that I needed a moment to think. My throat was itching with thirst, and her blood did smell delicious. I shake the thoughts from my head. No. I wasn't going to take her blood. She pulls her hair up into a bun, exposing her neck with a smirk.

I groan, fighting back my thirst. "Please try to get better." She whispers, baring her throat. I gulp, and then I lost.

The plate of food is set aside, and I have her pinned beneath me within moments. I look down at her throat as she calmly waits, knowing that I was going to be careful despite what my vampire side wanted. She further relaxes her neck, her heartbeat calm. She's unfortunately seen me drink, and she knew I was calm about it. Calmer than most vampires, I had restraint that usually took thousands of years to master.

I brushed my lips across her throat, entering her mind to further calm her. "I promise to not let you die. I promise to be gentle." I whisper against her silky skin before I sunk my teeth into her neck. She tenses slightly, the first prick the most painful. With each gentle gulp of blood that enters my mouth, the more I release calming and numbing pulses into her body.

She sighs, enjoying the small purr of satisfaction the rumbles in my chest. With one last satisfying gulp of her sweet blood, I let go and slide my tongue along the spot I pricked. Stopping the bleeding, I then heal her despite what the doctor would say.

I relax against her, sighing in relief. "Told you so." She giggles faintly. A short bark of laughter escapes me at her smugness. I kiss her cheek as my fangs retract.

"Love you." I smile, she laughs and runs her fingers through my hair.

"Love you too, Tanya. I'm glad you finally took some blood." She says, always the sister. I sigh, already guilty. She pinches my arm, gaining my attention. "Don't be guilty." She orders, I roll my eyes.

"Alright, mother." I snicker, she laughs as she gently punches my arm.

"I'm your sister, imbecile." She wags her finger in my face. She laughs as I nip at her finger. "Down kitty!" Ivy exclaims, I purr against her to prove her point. Making her laugh even more. That's when Ben walks in, and all he see's is me on top of his mate with blood still marking her neck and my eyes red. He growls, grabbing me by my hair and throwing me out of the tent. Ivy gasps as Ben stalks after me, his wolf having taken over.

I gasp in breath, pain blooming across my side as blood seeps out of my bandages. Ben growls, his body shaking in anger. "B-Ben! It's not what it looked like!" Ivy shouted, stumbling after him and gripping onto his bicep.

"She hurt mate! She pays!" His wolf roars, glaring at me with black eyes. I stumble to my feet, my body transforming as the dress comes back and covers me and my wings fling out around me with a harsh aura of power.

"I asked her to take my blood you idiot wolf! She's like our sister and I couldn't watch her get weaker each passing day!" Ivy screams, flinching when he whips around with supernatural speed. My wings push me through the air; I land next to them.

"Ben, I would never take anyone's blood without being forced to or asked. Ivy made me. She pushed my vampire side too far and then asked me to take her blood. I swear!" I exclaim, she nods quickly to back me up. Ben's wolf looks between us, snarling at me angrily.

"Ben. I promise." Ivy whispers, trembling beside me. He slowly relaxes, Ben getting back control.

"I'm so sorry, My Queen! I made you bleed! Ivy, I'm so sorry!" He gasps, falling to his knees and submitting to me. I laugh, rolling my eyes even as black spots enter my vision once again.

"It's fine, Ben. Honestly, if I were in your shoes, I would react the same way." I smile, my body holding out just long enough for him to stand before it gives out. Ben catches me, eyes wide in worry as he helps me back into the tent. Ivy quickly cuts her wrist, holding her bleeding wrist to my mouth.

Instantly, I latch onto the cut and drink her blood hungrily. She winces, the action making me slow down. Once the black spots are no longer visible and I am back into normal health I release her, grabbing her waist instead and laying her down next to me. I lick the cut, stopping the bleeding.

"Cuddle." I whisper, burying my face into her neck. Ben chuckles, releasing his tense posture.

"Am I invited?" He asks, knowing full well what the answer was. We both open our arms invitingly, laughing as he falls into them.

He grins, winking at us as he shifts his weight onto the other side of me. It was something we used to do as children. Ivy on one side of me, Ben on the other. It was an act to give me comfort, and plus it was also a way to keep them separated but, so they could still sleep next to each other.

"Love you guys." I murmur, drifting off into a blissful sleep.