Chapter Sixteen

I giggle as we look up at the night sky, laying on the blankets that Fleet set out for us, so we can watch the stars. "Today was perfect." I sigh contentedly. He smiles beside me, taking my hand and interlacing our fingers.

"Was it?" He asks, I turn to him with a broad grin.

"Yes. Thank you for today." I smile, he cups my cheek as his eyes dance over my face. I blush, becoming nervous as he takes special notice of my scars. My wings begin to cover me, helping me hide.

"My Queen, don't hide from me. I may hate how you got those scars, but I do love them. They show how much of a Queen you truly are."

Slowly, my wings disappear from around me. "Really?"

"Yes, darling. I promise." Smiling, I wrap my arms around him. I look up at the twinkling stars, taking notice of how they seem to brighten as the moon shines down.

"You know, if I'm going to mark you I want to do one thing first." He murmurs quietly against my ear.

"What's that?" I reply, tilting my head slightly as I lean further against him. He snaps his fingers, candles that were resting around us lit up with his elemental powers. I wince from the sudden glow but look up when he stands and holds a hand down to me.

Taking his hand, he helps me to my feet. My knee length red dress swirled around me softly as I straighten my back. My curls, now looser than when I was a child, flows down about midback. Even with my heels, he was still about a foot taller than me. Stupid vampire genes.

He smiles down at me. "Tanya, you are my soulmate. My love. My everything. We may have found each other in horrible circumstances, have dealt with terrible things, but we have always found our way back to each other. We have been given many chances from Moon Goddess, ones that I have never deserved, but you make me want to be better for you and our Kingdom each day," Fleet smiles, his golden eyes swimming with love.

"You have brought me joy, and love. Happiness and freedom. Everyday I wish to truly be deserving of such a beautiful, kind, loving person like you. And I may never be, but today... I wish to give you everything you deserve."

He sets down onto one knee, fishing something out of his pocket. Lifting up a small, black velvet box, I begin to realize what's happening

I gasp, eyes filling with tears as he looks up at me like I'm the Moon Goddess herself. He bows his head, giving me full control over him. Letting me know, I was his higher up. We may be equals, but he was acknowledging my power. My standing. Showing, he truly knew that I was his Queen.

He looks back up at me as I look down at him, my hands covering my mouth in shock. "Will you marry me, Tanya Greene? So, I can be yours and you can be mine in all ways humanely possible." He asks softly, love and devotion flowing through his words.

Memories of us throughout the years play through my mind. Him helping raise me, but knowing he had to have everyone else play those roles. He has always been my best friend. Watching me grow with a patient smile on his face.

The day he gave me Warrior.

The day he explained everything to me. How we were soulmates, and how right it felt ever since.

Him forcing me into hiding, protecting me. The years of agony I went through because of that choice. How when I came back, I felt so angry. And ever since people and choices became in our way of being soulmates.

This, this was the first step of never having problems being between us. But... was he right for me?

I truly believe the Moon Goddess made him for me, just like he was supposed to be, but that doesn't mean it makes me bound to be his. She gave us a choice for a reason, because even she can make mistakes.

His eyes are hopeful, looking at me as it had only taken me a couple second to think all of this. After a second more, I have my answer.

"Yes." I whisper, launching myself into his arms. He catches me, spinning us around with a laugh. He sets me down, taking my hand and sliding the cold ring over my finger.

It fit perfectly over my slender finger. The slim band perfect, a beautiful design starting about halfway up the band and leading up to, and circling, the beautiful diamond. Tiny diamonds embedded into the design, catching my eye.

It was beautiful. "It was my mothers. She, uh, was actually killed while you were in hiding. She was one of the few that knew where you were and actually helped to keep your location secret and kept you safe. She was killed in a fight just outside your uncle's place. She wanted me to give it to you." He smiles sadly, I look up at him in shock.

"What? I'm so sorry, Fleet." I whisper, he shakes his head.

"It's okay, Darling. You know, she never hated you. She was jealous that we had a loving relationship. Her mate died, like you know, so she was afraid that I'd lose you too. Or that you'd lose me. In her own way, she was trying to protect us and care for us." Fleet explains, I nod.

"I know. I accidentally read her while I was there." I sigh, he kisses me softly.

"Enough about sad things! This is our moment, not hers." He lifts me up. I giggle, kissing him back and look once more at the sky. The moon and stars seemed to have brightened, but a few stars were the brightest stars I have ever seen.

Our families were looking down at us. I knew it. Those stars must be our family. With a single flick of my eyes, the candles were blown out as he races to the house. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Please vote for my book Little Moon, the first book to this series!

It's been entered into the Watty's!

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

xoxo

Adelaide