Chapter Fifteen

I squeal as he chases me around the abandoned, old playset that I used to play in as a child. The humans slowed in disbelief, watching as Fleet chases me as if I were seven again. He speeds with his vampire speed, picking me up and tossing me into the air. I scream, my wings erupting and catching me from falling out of instinct. Fleet rolls his eyes teasingly, smirking up at me.

"I would have caught you! Besides, you're not even supposed to be using your wings for a while! You used them too much." He calls, I stick my tongue out at him as I light onto the ground. My wings fold inwards, disappearing from sight as I dramatically fall into Fleet's arms.

"I lost all of my energy! Oh, dear me! I'm just going to die!" I cry out, he chuckles and drops me onto the ground. I huff, looking up at him with a scowl.

"That's rude! Help me up." I demand, raising my arms. He laughs, helping me to my feet. I gently punch his shoulder.

I giggle, pressing a kiss to his lips and darting away. He races after me, but I jump on top of the playset and look down at him. "I'm the Queen of the playground!" I shout, glaring down at my mate as he bursts into laughter.

"Yeah, yeah. Tanya, get down from there before I climb up." He calls, I stick my tongue out at him.

"Come at me, old man!" I shout, causing a ripple of laughter from our onlookers. He gasps dramatically but races up the slide. I squeal, launching over him and rolling over the ground. He spins around, launching himself towards me.

Jumping to my feet, I race to the same tree my mom used to sit under and climb it. Finally, reaching the top, I glare down at him. He smirks, grabbing the tree and shaking it. I scream, clutching the tree like my life depended on it.

"No! This is my tree!" I scream, slipping down. I look down at the ground way below me. Fuck it. I dive out of the tree, headfirst. The humans scream, but I quickly spread my wings apart and catch myself on a current of wind. I reach down, flapping my wings furiously as I grab Fleet and raise up into the sky.

"You're rude." I pout, he chuckles.

"You love me." He replies, smirking cheekily. I sigh, dropping to the ground and letting him fall. My magnificent wings fold back in, disappearing from sight. I turn to the humans, bowing low to them.

"Thank you! Thank you! And that was my performance!" I yell, they all laugh at my antics. Fleet rises to his feet, embracing me into a hug.

"Next time, don't jump out of a tree." He scolds lightly, I scoff.

"Says the guy who was shaking the tree. Anyway, I want some coffee and your coffee sucks." I giggle, grabbing his arm and pulling him towards the coffee shop I saw this morning. He chuckles, letting me pull him towards the coffee shop. We wait our turn as cars pull through.

We walk forward slowly, not caring as people gawk at us. The King and the Lost Queen. We stop at the counter, and I smile at the lady above us as her eyes widen.

"May I have a the largest peppermint Mocha please? Oh, and a chocolate croissant!" I ask, beaming at her widely.

"Only one shot of coffee in hers, she's already too hyper, and I'd like... the largest black coffee with three shots of coffee." He winks at me, I pout with a small huff.

"You look just like your mother." A whispery voice says, I turn around and see an old lady shuffling towards me as a few townspeople stayed nearby. She had curly white hair, eyes of brown, and a large smile on her face.

"I'm sorry?" I reply, furrowing my eyebrows. She pulls me into a hug, everyone gasping. I hug her back, pulling away.

"Dearie, I practically raised your mother and I helped watch you when she was at work." She smiles shakily at me, I frown.