Chapter Nine

Tanya's POV

I flew angrily up into the sky, ignoring the shouts as people searched for me. I've been gone for almost a week and everyone was beginning to be worried. I gently set onto a branch, high in the tree, gazing down at the shadowed forest. A patrol of wolves was scenting the air, trying to find me, but I have hidden my scent. With frustration, they run off back to camp.

The sky was turning purple fast, stars starting to pop up. I relax against the tree, sighing as I gaze at the return of the stars. A dragon flies above, heading back to camp. Another patrol looking for me. I flexed my wings, getting ready to jump into the sky and get to the rebellion's camp that I found last night.

I was going to attack. By myself. And hopefully, I'd learn a few things while I'm there. As day became night, I waited for the moon to be at it's highest. Once the half moon shone down directly above me, I jumped into the sky. Turning invisible, I flew quickly to the hidden camp.

The last night patrol was heading to bed just as I silently set down on the ground outside the leader's tent. I slowly went inside the dark tent, seeing two forms on the bed in the middle of the tent. I slowly, quietly, pulled out my dagger.

But just as I took a step towards the figures, the one on the far right sat up quickly. Her wings unfolded, a glowing white as her eyes flashed an icy blue. I gasped, knowing the face. She attacked me, knocking me out of my invisibility, as she pressed her elbow against my throat. She snarled, her eyes turning white.

"I think we have a little visitor!" She shouts, pressing down harder on my throat. I gasp for air, scratching at her arm to get her elbow off my throat. She laughed evilly as the tent was ripped open and many guards file in with swords and daggers and magic at the ready.

I use brute force to throw her off me, jumping on top of her and pinning her easily to the ground. "I've always won, you bitch!" I shout, using one hand to push hard against her throat and hold her to the ground while the other is punching her repeatedly. The other form in the bed gets up slowly. As if he could careless what was happening.

Light flashed across his face, making me pause in shock. I know him too. My moment of hesitation has my enemy using that against me. I'm flung across the tent and thrown into one of the poles. Falling to the ground, I groan. I'm weak. I haven't eaten properly in days. My senses go on overload, reminding me of a human's presence near me.

I launch myself at him, draining him dry within seconds. I turn around, growling loudly as I attack my enemies. A dagger is thrown into my side. I fall to the ground, weakened once again. I grit my teeth as pain explodes throughout my body. I know what this knife was. My one and only weakness.

More of these knives rain down on me until I passed out.

I awoke, hanging off the ground and tied to a post. A post made out of whatever those knives are. I hiss in pain, seeing a scared man in front of me as he guarded me. I growled loudly, pulling at my binds weakly. The two leaders walk up in front of me.

"Hello, Tanya." The guy grins, an evil glint in his eyes.

"Go die, you horrible traitorous piece of shit!" I screamed, pulling at my binds vigorously. He chuckles, smirking.

"Sorry, sweetheart." He laughs, kissing the one who's hurt me most from this betrayal. He leaves me alone with this wench, only my scared guard left watching me and her. She stepped up, folding her wings in.

"Dear sister." She tsks, circling me. "What I would have done to see you in this position a long time ago." She laughs evilly. Tears prick my eyes.

"How could you do this? How could you go against me, Emma?" I cried, hanging my head low. She slapped me.

"I've never been with you, little sister! All the bullying I was raised with! All the crap I had to deal with, knowing that you were the next Queen! I've always hated you, Tanya! Silver begged me to not do this, but I had to kill him eventually." She cackled. I burst into tears. My sister wasn't here to help. She was here to destroy. And my brother was dead. My brother was dead. My brother was dead!

Emma walked away cackling like an evil witch, unfolding her wings and thrusting herself up into the air. I cried for the rest of the day and throughout the night. Knowing, that my sister had gone bad was horrible enough. But knowing she killed her twin, our brother, killed me. This was my second brother who died.

He was dead. Silver was dead.