Chapter Nineteen

It was a long few weeks of helping the humans back to their families and settling any others who still wanted to kill me. We had sent for people to find Silver, and thankfully they found him, and he was going through a lot of therapy.

The kingdom was slowly being rebuilt and filled with reassurances that the war had finally been won by the King and his Queen, ready to return to the Palace and lead peacefully. Speaking of which, the limo slowly comes to a stop outside a large crowd of reporters, some councilmen, and commoners all wanting to take a peek at their Lost Queen.

Fleet steps out, face of stone, but I knew he was just as nervous as I. Scars adorned his body from the battle, as he had come against multiple vampires, most Rogue. They are the only ones besides wolves that can scar a vampire.

Holding a hand out to me, I smooth my deep red dress and step out as well. Gasps are heard, all seeing my wings sprouted from my back and the scars lining my once smooth skin. I keep my head held high, a jeweled sword at my hip and a dagger hidden under my dress.

We were still dealing with Rogue problems.

"My Queen! Over here!"

"When did you join the war?"

"What happened?"

"Where were you?"

"Where's your bodyguard, Warrior?"

Questions were thrown at me, left and right, but we just smiled and waved as we headed towards the microphone up on the small, raised platform to make our statement.

"Quiet." I speak into the microphone, standing before them regally. That one word was all it took for them to go silent, the news recording everything we say and others taking pictures.

"A lot has happened in these past years of war. Death, sickness, problems upon problems, but we were always so careful to make sure you never lost a cent in this. And we succeeded for the most part. But most of all, I was in hiding." I gulp, hiding my nerves for the most part.

"Forced into it, as I was only fifteen when it happened. Forced to stay with my family, humans, who didn't like that I had so much power or my... siblings as they thought they were a replacement for what I had lost years ago. But they weren't, and I had to deal with a lot of hate. Locked in a room, unable to use my powers and never allowed to leave. Until I turned twenty-one, I left. Quickly. I joined the war, got kidnapped by our enemies, was rescued, and then after becoming your Queen fully once and for all, we had the final battle," I pause, shaking as I lower my head in pain. Fleet steps up, wrapping an arm around my middle and pulling me close.

"I'm not going to lie to you, Our Queen has almost died multiple times. And the enemy we faced, was our very own Princess Emma. She had power, matching our Queen in every way. In the final battle, Tanya won against Emma and she is now dead. We mourn her as a family, and despite the bad things she has done, she is still loved and forever mourned by us all. We gave her plenty of chances to back down, warned her to surrender, but she didn't. Your King and Queen has come home from war, mourning for lost loved ones and wishing you all well. This Kingdom now has hope, and we will rebuild ourselves to not only our former glory but beyond that as well." Fleet finishes the speech, kissing my temple.

They throw questions at us, roaring and demanding for more answers, but we just walked back to our waiting limo and go on our way to reach our Palace. To our waiting family.

We pull into the Palace, seeing our family waiting. All our guards, Wren standing beside Silver, Ben and Ivy, their Pack and families, and even my family. I jump out, racing towards Silver and crashing into his waiting arms as I sob.

"I'm so sorry! I'm so sorry!" I cry, he holds me tight.

"It's not your fault, Tanya. I know you did everything you could." Silver shushes me, rubbing my back as I cry against him and into his shirt. I pull away to hug each and every one of my family.

Kai, hugging him tight as he shakes against me with a small cry. He lost a few dear friends in the war, especially in the last battle.

Ivy, like a sister to me. Holding me softly, rubbing my back and reminding me that it wasn't my fault.

Ben, always the overprotective friend who was helpless as he wanted to kill what was hurting me, but it was myself.

Jack and John. Twins, my older soon to be brother in laws. Already joking with me to try and cheer me up.

Dylan and Lilly. Forever the people who helped Katherine raise me right, but also the people I once feared.

Annie. Like an aunt to me. The woman I saved as a five-year-old, the woman who swore to protect me with her life.

Everyone received a hug from me and some reassuring words. I was scared, grieving, and empty inside. I lost my sister, and by my hands. I hated myself for it, I loathed myself. I wish that I was dead instead of her. Why couldn't she have been the good one? She may have done bad things, but she deserves to live.

"Your Majesties, I hate to interrupt, but the council wants an emergency meeting." One of the council's messengers rushes forward, eyes filled with fear. "And they're angry." She warns us, I sigh and look down at the ground.

"I'm never going to get a moment of peace, am I?" I mutter, nodding as I turn around and head back towards the limo.

"They're in the ballroom." She calls, I furrow my eyebrows.

"What happened to the hall?" I ask, tilting my head and pursing my lips in thought.

"They wanted to make sure the both of you couldn't escape this meeting." She speaks softly, her brown hair twisted into an updo that exposes her neck. It was a sign of respect for the vampires present on the grounds, knowing that she trusted them to not harm her.

"Very well. Tell them we'll be there shortly." Fleet smiles softly at her, a thought crosses my mind. One that I knew the matebond forced its way into my present, as it was a problem.

"Is she alive? The demon-woman?" I speak dangerously, a low hiss falling from my lips.

"I left it to you to do what you thought was necessary. She's still in the dungeon, yes. But she might already be dead as I never instructed anyone to bring her any food." Fleet responds nonchalantly, as if this was an everyday discussion between us.

"Good. I'll go check on her after the meeting." I smile evilly, thinking about all the ways I could kill her.