Chapter Thirteen

I push myself harder than before, trying to show my doctors that I'm fine. In fact, I felt great! I just hated the physical therapy they were putting me through. Fleet watched as I completed each task beyond their expectations and with ease.

I jumped through the hoops, figuratively and literally. With wings expanded, I fly as high as I can and as fast as I can before my wings tire. I go higher than the mountaintops in just a few minutes, but I tire faster than I thought and dive towards the ground.

Skidding to a stop, inches above the ground and going invisible just for fun since I haven't in a long while. "Tanya, stop messing around. Actually, show them that you can do these exercises." Fleet calls out, amused. I sigh, showing myself just as I fold my wings in. With a smirk, I playfully bow.

"Of course, my King. Whatever you say." I mock, a flash of frustration flies across his face but I knew he was amused. Deep, deep down anyway.

Everyone around laughs at his frustration, smiling joyfully. "Alright, Your Majesties. She looks fine. We give her a clean bill of health. We've been tracking her emotions and body this entire time, and everything is healthy. Not one once of pain or discomfort outside of normal ranges from pushing herself. She's perfect." Dr. Cage smiled, her ruby red eyes bright with relief.

I clap my hands with a squeal, remembering Fleet and I's deal six months ago. "Finally!" I exclaim, just as Wren races in with a bunny in her mouth. I sigh, knowing it was my weekly time to drink blood. I refused human blood, saying that I couldn't handle the thought of it, but that I would drink animal blood. She drops it at my feet, looking up at me with her wide golden eyes. I nod at her in thanks, saddened by the reminder that Warrior was taken from me.

I take the dead animal, sighing as I speed away from the camp and greedily drink it. I hunt for a deer, the rabbit not good enough for me. Taking down an old elk, I apologize to it profusely as I drain it quickly. Standing quickly, I spot Fleet leaning against a nearby tree and watching me. His midnight black hair was windswept, dripping droplets down his porcelain face.

These were the days I recognized just how young he looked. Not a wrinkle on his face, nor was there a worry line. His pore less skin was perfect, his red lips full, and even though he looked weak I knew there were hard, lean muscles under his clothes.

"You ready for our small... getaway?" He smirks, holding out a hand. I grin, flashing to his side in seconds and taking his outstretched hand. Icy cold as always, but it felt good against my heated skin.

"Always."

_____

We arrive at our old home. The one I grew up in for about two years before we moved into the huge palace. I furrow my eyebrows, gazing at the beautiful home.

"You chose this place?" I ask, tilting my head. He nods, giving me a small smile.

"Trust me on this. I... contacted a few people who got me something that I think you'll like." Fleet responds, looking proud of himself. He sweeps me up into his arms, holding my bridal style as he walks into the bright house. It looked nothing like when I was a child, the living room was done just like I had planned out in my dream home that I created when I was under lockdown with my Uncle. I thought I burned those plans years ago. Noticing my surprised look, he smirks at me.

"This was nothing. I had my guards tell me everything. They knew where you hid the papers and copies just happened to find it's way into my hands." He smiles, I roll my eyes.

"Of course. That's so normal." I retort sarcastically, he shrugs and carries me into the kitchen.

"You need to eat. Human food, not just blood you know." He winks, playing with me. I stick my tongue out at him as he sets me onto the counter. Now this. This I remembered from when I was a child. I gaze around the kitchen, nothing had changed. Just like I planned.

"You know, when I was looking over your plans I always wondered why you never thought about changing the kitchen. Did you just never get around to it before your cousins found your hidden plans?" Fleet asks, pulling out pans and various ingredients. I look down, sighing.

"I thought of it as the one thing that I had with Katherine. She was the one who taught me to cook, and so I wanted to keep one thing from her." I smile sadly at him, he nods with a frown on his handsome face.

"I know that she was like your second mother, and I am very sorry that you lost both of them at such an early age. Both were my fault." He whispers the last part, I sigh as I'm once again reminded that he was the reason my mother died.

"Fleet, I can't deny that..." I trail off as I search for the right words.

"Tanya, I am sorry. And I always will be haunted by what I did. Katherine died because I wasn't there to protect her, like I promised. You made me promise before she went off to look for her mate, that I would protect her. And I broke it. I broke that promise. And your real mother died because I was angry. Because the matebond made me so angry that she hit you, but it was only out of fear that she did. You made such a realistic growl, that she was terrified, and it was only instinct that made her do it. But my instincts told me to kill her for what she did." He growled, making me pasta as he ranted.

"Fleet, neither were necessarily your fault. Both are arguable. No one could imagine that she'd be attacked as she went off to find her mate! And no one would imagine that the stupid bond that we share would make you kill someone so hastily." I argue, he sighs.

"Can we not talk about this? I want to make this as romantic as possible." He plasters a fake smile on his face, I sigh and let it go.

"Okay." I agree, watching him as he languidly darts around the kitchen and makes our food. Silently, as his back is turned, I jump off the counter and go to look for our bedroom. I have a nagging feeling in the back of my mind that he changed either my childhood bedroom into our room or kept his master bedroom and turned it into our new room. I first check my room, and see nothing has changed, so I go straight to his old room.

Just as I'm about to open the mahogany doors, I feel arms slide around my waist and pull me away from the door. "Not yet, Love. The surprises aren't done yet." He smiles against my skin, pressing a small kiss against my collarbone where he's going to mark me. I shudder from the contact, making him smile more. He picks me up, racing back to the counter where our food is dished out. We quickly eat before he takes me into the living room and turns on the tv.

"What movie do you want to watch?" He asks, I grin and whisper it into his ear to see how he'd react. His eyes widen, but with a clear of his throat he turns it on. I smirk, snuggling against him and laying my legs over his lap. He supports me, gently laying a warm blanket off the black couch over us so I stay warm.

I relax against him, enjoying the movie. Well, mostly his reaction to the movie. I giggle as he sighs, not really enjoying the movie. "We can change it to something else." I comment, grinning at him. His jaw drops in amazement and shock.

"You only had me put it on for shits and giggles!" He exclaims, I laugh as he turns it off and puts on some romantic comedy. I giggle as he relaxes, finally enjoying himself. "You're rude, by the way." He whispers to me, I scoff.

"Nope. I'm hilarious." I disagree with a smile, he quirks an eyebrow up at me.

"Sure." He sarcastically replies, turning to watch the movie. I giggle, kissing his jaw lightly and relaxing against his chest.