Chapter Seven

Fleet's POV

I paced the tent. The wind was howling loudly outside, almost lifting the tent off the ground. Doctors came in and out of my tent. Checking in on Tanya and making sure she was still breathing. It's been two months of this.

She's been in a deep coma, and the doctors are saying that she could die any second. I broke the matebond. I ruined the sacred bond between us. We were still connected as mates, but I ruined everything. I sat down beside her.

My fingertips barely brush her hair, but I could already see that my proximity pained her. I sighed softly, retracting my hand. If only I tried to smell the trap. I should have smelled the drink or brought my guards with me.

The rustling of the tent door brings me out of my reverie. I snap my head, already knowing who was here. All of the people who helped me raise Tanya stood at the doorway, glaring harshly at me. I've been running from this confrontation for a long time, but I knew it was coming.

"You cheated on her." Annie spits, her eyes turning black as her wolf side comes out. I shake my head.

"I was drugged! A demon drugged me. She's already in the dungeons being tortured." I growl, my brothers roll their eyes.

"Yeah, right! You're a lying, cheating, scumbag!" Jack growls, his yellow eyes turning a deep red. I nervously back away, seeing the murderous glint in their eyes. All of them wanted me dead. Rain pounded down hard around the tent, the howling of the wind almost drowning out Lilly's words. But I knew what she said.

I fell to my knees. Pain striking my heart as lightning strikes outside. "She was going to let you mark her when you got back." She had snarled, glaring at me in rage. Tearless sobs fell from my mouth, a scream tearing its way through my throat.

I fucked it up. I fucked up my relationship with my mate. I already knew I hurt her. I always knew that since I took her, I hurt her. Over and over again. But this... this is what finally broke me. I ruined her. I hurt her.

I.

Am.

A.

Horrible.

Mate.

"Kill me! KILL ME!" I screamed, hanging my head low. I ruined my only shot at happiness because I was stressed. Because I wouldn't call my mate. Because I wouldn't lean on her. Because I wouldn't be there for her too. Because I hurt her. Because I shouldn't even be alive. 

I hurt Tanya. My Little Moon. My soulmate. And I hurt her far beyond anyone's imagination.

And as that rain poured down around me, my family took one last disgusted look at me and walked away. I could lose my mate. All because I was careless. Thunder shook the ground, the wind finally blowing out my candles as the door ripped open. 

I only stood to throw the rest of the blanket's over my mate. Before I curled up on the frozen ground and finally, after hundreds of years, I looked up at the sky and prayed.

I prayed for Tanya. I prayed for her health. I prayed for her healing. I prayed for her strength. I prayed for her forgiveness. I prayed that I would no longer hurt her. I prayed that she would be safe and happy. I prayed for her survival. Even if it meant for me to die. 

And I prayed for Moon Goddess' forgiveness for ruining the one blessing she gives each and every one of us before we're even born.

Our soulmates. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for not posting! School started earlier than I thought and I've been so busy that I forgot to write and never really had time to anyway. I'm starting to have some more free time, so I think I'll try to update every other week instead of about every week because of this. My updates are going to be even more sporadic than usual, and I am so sorry for that! 

I hope you guys have a good day!

xoxo,

Adelaide