CHAPTER 3

WHEN I saw her tears, I knew how hurt she was, and it was my fault. I was the one making Lydia Martin cry.

"I didn't leave you, Lydia. I left Beacon Hills. I'm so sorry, I never meant to hurt you, but we can talk about this another time. I need to bring you to a paramedic to get checked out," I told her softly.

There were tears still streaming down her face, "But--what are you doing back?" she questioned me.

"I'll explain later, Lydia. You could be hurt. Let's get you checked out." I replied.

Holding my hand, she sighed, "Okay..."

With our hands intertwined we walked over to an ambulance and the Sheriff started to ask her questions. We were standing there for a while, still holding hands. Stiles had woken up by then. After talking for a bit and saying goodbye to Lydia, she went home with her parents. Stiles and I went off to his jeep.

We were sitting in silence until Stiles spoke, "So...now that everything isn't as crazy anymore, still up for that study date?" He asked with a breathy laugh.

I turned my head and smiled at him, "I would love that, actually. When are you thinking?" I questioned him.

"Right now? I know it's really late, but I was thinking maybe you could just crash at my house? I would have to bring you all the way back to school to get your car and then you would be driving while you're tired and I don't want you to cra-" He rambled. I cut him off.

"That would be great, actually," I sent him a sheepish smile.

"Okay, great!" He looked at me and smiled before bringing his attention back to the road.

"Under one condition though...this doesn't count as our study date, this is just letting me crash at your house for the night. The study date can happen another time." I told him.

He just smiled as he continued to drive.

~

Soon we pulled up to his house. He got out first coming around to my door and opening it for me. I jumped down and sent him a smile as we walked towards the front door. He opened it with his key, and I followed him up the stairs to his room. When he opened his bedroom door my eyes widened.

"Wow. Your room is surprisingly a lot cleaner than I thought it would be" I told him.

"Yeah, my dad makes me, you know, and sometimes I like to be organized." He responded.

"Yeah. Do you have any spare blankets for the couch, spare pillow too?"

"Couch? You're not sleeping on the couch. You can take my bed and I can take the couch." he said in a demanding tone.

"I'm not going to kick you out of you're own room, Stiles. It's fine, I'll sleep on the couch." I told him.

"Mae, you're not sleeping on the couch!" He raised his voice.

"Okay, well you aren't either! Let's just share the bed, that way we're both happy."

"I--wh--are you--uh...okay" he stuttered. I smiled and blushed at his behavior.

"Calm down Stiles. It's not like we're getting married or anything," I told him as I laughed.

He sent me a soft smile before I began talking again, "I have shorts in my backpack that I can wear to sleep in. Do you have a shirt or something that I could borrow?" I asked softly.

"Um, yeah. One sec," he told me as he began rummaging quickly through his drawers before he pulled out a sweatshirt and handed it to me. I look down at the white print on it, 'Beacon Hills Lacrosse' was printed on the front and 'Stilinski 24' was on the back. I smiled and pulled it over my head.