CHAPTER 13

THE locker room was filled with lacrosse players and cops.

"I got to meet with the medical examiner and try and figure out what happened with Jackson. I've got an APB out on Stiles. His jeep is still in the parking lot, so that means...well, I don't know what that means. Um...look, if he answers his phone if he answers his emails if any of you see him..." The Sheriff said with tears forming in his eyes.

My eyes were red from crying and I was spacing out majorly.

"We'll call you," Isaac told the Sheriff.

"Look, he's probably just freaked out from all the attention or something. We'll find him," Scott reassured the Sheriff.

"He wouldn't just leave without telling me, I know he wouldn't," I spoke for the first time since we realized Stiles was gone.

"Yeah. I'll see you, okay?" The Sheriff looked at Scott and I before walking away.

Isaac grabbed my hand and I pushed my face into his chest while I wrapped my arms around his waist.

How could this happen? I should have been watching him.

I heard someone walk over and I let go of Isaac.

"McCall. We need you on the team, okay? You know I can't put you on the field next season if you don't get your grades up," Coach told him.

"Yeah, I know Coach," Scott replied.

"All right," Coach started to walk away but stopped, "I mean, I-I know I yell a lot, but it's not like I hate you guys. Well, I kind of hate Greenberg, but, you know, that's different. It's Greenberg. I'm just saying we...I need you on the team. Get your grades back up."

"I will," Scott nodded.

"I know," Coach said before walking away.

"Is that everyone?" Scott asked Isaac.

Isaac and I looked around the locker room.

"I think so,' Isaac and I answered.

We heard metal scratching and turned around to see a locker door on the ground.

Scott was searching through Stiles' locker and pulled out a shirt and a shoe.

"You're gonna find him by scent?" Isaac questioned.

"Yeah, we all are," Scott replied as he handed Isaac one of Stiles' shoes.

Scott went to hand me a shirt but I stopped him, "I don't need it. I know he scent."

Scott nodded before Isaac began to speak, "But how come you get his shirt and I get a shoe?"

I heard something and looked to the side before tapping Scott and Isaac to turn around.

"We need to talk," Derek insisted.

I took a step back when I saw my Uncle Peter walk out from behind my brother.

"All of us," Peter added while smirking.

"Holy shit-" Scott's eyes widened.

"What the hell is he doing here?"

"What the hell is this?"

Scott and I questioned Derek.

"You know, I thought the same thing when I saw you talking to Gerard at the Sheriff's station," Derek answered Scott disregarding my question.

"Wait, what?" I looked over at Scott with furrowed brows.

"Okay, hold on. He--he threatened to kill my mom. And I had to get close to him. What was I supposed to do?" Scott responded quickly.