CHAPTER 7

AFTER Boyd left with Erica and Isaac, and Allison left with Lydia. I looked over to Derek.

I could tell he was angry and that he wanted to go after it.

I walked up to him, "Derek...I know what you're thinking. Please, don't go after him, I don't want you getting hurt," I told him truthfully.

"I'm sorry but I have to," he said before he began running off.

"Derek!" I went to go after him but Scott stopped me.

~

Stiles, Scott, and I were speeding down the road in the jeep.

Stiles hit the breaks when he saw a row of nails on the ground.

"What do we do now?" I heard Stiles ask when I got out and began to run to Derek with Scott.

We ran up to Gerard who was standing in front of the kanima and Scott shoved him away. The kanima began to run and so did I. Scott was running behind me.

~

Scott and I followed the kanima to a club.

We both looked around at the building before walking up to the brick wall.

Stiles jumped up behind us. Scott and I turned around quickly and gasped.

"Sorry, I'm sorry," Stiles apologized, "Did you see where he went?"

"We lost him," Scott said.

"What? You couldn't catch his scent?" Stiles questioned.

"I don't think he has one," Scott answered.

"All right, any clue where he's going?" Stiles asked us.

"Probably to kill someone," I reminded him.

"Ah. That explains the claws, and the fangs, and all that. Makes perfect sense now," Stiles replied.

Scott just shook his head at him, annoyed.

"What? Scott, come on. I'm 147 pounds of pale skin and fragile bone, okay? Sarcasm is my only defense," Stiles explained.

"Clearly," I mumbled under my breath.

"Just help me find it," Scott demanded.

"Not 'it'. Jackson," Stiles corrected him.

"Yeah, I know. I--I know," Scott replied.

"All right, but does he know that? Did anybody else see him back at your house?" Stiles asked Scott.

"I mean, I don't think so, but he already passed Derek's test anyway," Scott reminded him.

"Yeah, but that's just the thing. How did he pass the test?" Stiles questioned.

"I don't know," Scott answered.

"Maybe it's like an either-or thing," Stiles suggested, "I mean, Derek said that a snake can't be poisoned by its own venom, right? When's the kanima not the kanima?"

I thought for a minute before speaking, "When it's Jackson."

"Uh...Dude," Stiles said to Scott as he pulled me back.

Scott backed up to where Stiles and I were standing, the three of us looked up.

"See that?" Stiles asked, pointing to the tail on the roof.

"He's going inside," Scott told us.

"What's he gonna do in there?" Stiles wondered.

I looked towards the line of people waiting to go into the club, "I know who he's after."