CHAPTER 10

DEREK, Scott, and I were walking into the abandoned train.

"I'm saying we need a new plan, because next time, one of us is gonna be too hurt to heal," Derek explained.

"Ugh, I get it. We can't save Jackson," Scott responded.

Derek and I sat down.

"We can't seem to kill him either. I've seen a lot of things, Scott. I've never seen anything like this. Every full moon's just gonna make him stronger," Derek sighed.

"But how do we stop him?" Scott asked.

"I don't know. I don't even know if we can," my brother admitted.

"Yeah, maybe we should just let the Argents handle it," Scott suggested.

"I'm the one who turned him. It's my fault," Derek claimed.

"Derek...don't do that, you didn't turn him into a murderer," I told him softly grabbing his hand.

"Yeah, but you didn't turn him into this. I mean, this happened because of something in his past, right?" Scott added.

"That's a legend in a book, it's not that simple," Derek replied.

"What do you mean? What are you not telling me?" Scott questioned him.

"Why do you think I'm always keeping something from you?" Derek asked.

"Because you always are keeping something from me," Scott started to raise his voice.

"Scott..." I looked at Derek, I knew he already felt bad.

"Well, maybe I do it to protect you," Derek responded.

Scott sighed, "Doesn't being part of your pack mean no more secrets?"

Derek shook his head, "Go home, Scott. Sleep. Heal. Make sure your friends are safe. 'Cause, the full moon's coming. And with the way things are going, I've got a feeling it's gonna be a rough one."

~

Derek opened a wooden chest.

Isaac reached down, "What is that?"

I was about to answer, but Boyd beat me to it, "It's a triskele. Spirals mean different things--past, present, and future. Mother, father, child,"

"Do you know what it means to us?" I asked him while pointing between me and my brother.

"Alpha, beta, omega?" Boyd questioned.

"That's right. It's a spiral. Reminds us that we can all rise to one or fall to another," Derek started to explain.

"Betas can become alphas, but alphas can also fall to betas or even omegas," I continued.

"Like Scott," Isaac replied.

"Scott's with us," Derek reminded him.

"Really? Then where is he now?" Isaac questioned.

I sighed, "Isaac...come on."

"He's looking for Jackson. Don't worry, he's not gonna have it east tonight either. None of us will. There's a price you pay for this kind of power. You get the ability to heal. But tonight you're gonna want to kill anything you can find," Derek informed them and handed some chains to Isaac.

"Good thing I had my period last week, then," Erica said.

I laughed and the boys just looked at us, "You guys don't understand, but that was amazing." I smirked at her.

"Well, this one's for you," Derek told Erica while holding something up. It looked like a headband with nails.

~