CHAPTER 14

The bright neon lights were catching my attention as Scott sat patiently in his chair.

"Boy, it's a good thing you drew me a picture," the tattoo artist looked at the drawing Scott made.

"Hey, Scott, sure you don't want something like this?" Stiles asked him turning the book around and showing us a drawing that looked eerily similar to the kanima.

I just stared at my boyfriend and sighed, "I don't think so."

"Too soon?" Stiles asked.

I nodded as I made my way over to him.

"I don't know, man, are you sure about this? I mean, these things are pretty permanent, you know?" Stiles questioned.

"I'm not changing my mind," Scott told him.

"Yeah. Do you have something against tattoos Stiles?" I tilted my head in question.

He shook his head, "What? No, I mean--"

"I have one," I informed him.

Stiles quickly turned to look at me with wide eyes,"Wait-what? Where?"

I smirked at him, "Somewhere. But I can't show you right now."

Stiles was gaping at me and I looked over at Scott and the tattoo artist, "Unless...everyone wants to see-"

Stiles stood in front of my quickly blocking my view of Scott and the artist, "Nope. No. I think they're good. Right, Scott?"

"Well, actually--" Scott started with a smirk.

"No! He's-he's good," Stiles yelled frantically.

I laughed and tried to move out from behind Stiles but he didn't let me. He cleared his throat, "Okay, but why two bands?"

"I just like it," Scott answered. When I got my first tattoo, my body was surging with excitement. I remember Derek actually had to tell me to calm down because my unusual energy was stressing him out.

"But don't you think your first tattoo should have some sort of meaning, you know, or something?" Stiles questioned.

"Him getting a tattoo means something," I explained.

"I don't think that's--" Stiles tried to deny.

"She's right, tattooing goes back thousands of years. The Tahitian word "tatua" means "to leave a mark", like a rite of passage," the tattoo artist agreed with me.

I had a smug look on my face as I saw Stiles' reaction. I loved proving him wrong.

"Yeah, you see? He gets it," Scott smiled.

"He's covered in tattoos, Scott, literally," Stiles said while looking at Kevin.

"Well, Nova agrees with us and she's not covered in tattoos," Scott looked at me.

Stiles sighed in defeat. I wrapped my arm around his and smiled. I honestly thought that Stiles shouldn't have come. Or at least he should've stayed in the car. He didn't do too good with needles.

"Okay, you ready?" The Tattoo artist asked.

Scott cleared his throat and nodded.

"You ain't got any problems with needles, do you?" He asked Scott.

"Nope," Scott shook his head.

The guy turned on the machine and brought his hand to Scott's arm.

"I tend to get a little squeamish though, so..." Stiles said as he looked at Scott's arm.

His grip on my arm loosened. I looked over to him as he mumbled something and fell to the ground.