CHAPTER 4

EVERYONE was standing near the rock wall in the gym waiting for their turn to climb up.  It was Scott and Allison's turn next. I could see that they were bickering. Suddenly Scott began to climb the wall quicker. When Allison caught up he said something to her, she kicked him and he fell, stopping right before his body could slam against the mat.

Everyone began to laugh and I looked up to find Allison smirking proudly. Scott finally dropped down on the mat with a thud. Coach sat down on the mat next to where Scott was laying.

"McCall, I don't know why, but your pain gives me a special kind of joy," Coach began to chuckle, "Right?"

He kept laughing before yelling and getting the class's attention, "Alright, next two. Stilinski, Erica, let's go. The wall."

Stiles looked at me then at Erica before smiling and making his way to the wall. Stiles made his way up quickly and came back down. Erica was still on the wall and it looked like she was struggling.

Stiles threw his hands in the air, proud of himself as I heard Erica began to breathe heavily.

"Oh, please..." She said as she started shaking. I walked up to Stiles and looked up at her as the rest of the class followed coached steps towards the wall.

"Erica. Dizzy? Is it vertigo?" Coach asked.

Lydia spoke from beside him, "Vertigo's a dysfunction of the vestibular system of the inner ear. She's just freaking out."

I was standing between Stiles and Allison as I looked worriedly at her.

"Erica." Coach said.

Erica whimpered, "I'm fine."

Allison spoke from beside me, "Coach, maybe it's not safe."

"Yeah, you know she's epileptic," I continued. Allison and I looked at Coach.

"Why--why doesn't anybody tell me this stuff? Erica, y--you're fine. Just kick off from the wall."

I could hear Erica start to cry.

"There's a mat to catch you. Come on." Coach continued.

We all looked up at her worriedly, waiting for her to come down. She slowly pushed away from the wall and made her descent to the floor.

"See, you're fine. You're on the ground. You're all right. Let's go. Shake it off. You're fine." Coach told her.

Everyone around began to snicker as she made her way away from the wall.

"Erica...wait!" I tried to go after her but she was already gone.

~

I was in the locker room getting changed when my hands began to shake. I looked down at them and tried to stop it but I couldn't. Lydia and Allison looked over at me and noticed.

Lydia walked closer and placed her hand on my arm, "Mae...are you okay?"

I was completely spaced out trying to figure out what was going on.

"Nova?" Allison asked.

I quickly realized what was happening and ran out of the locker room.

"Nova!" I heard Allison and Lydia yell.

I ran through the hallway and into the gym. I saw Erica shaking and she began to fall. I quickly ran over, caught her, and placed her on the ground.

Allison ran over, "Put her on her side. Put her on her side."

I turned Erica on her side as she gripped my hand.

"How'd you know?" Allison asked me.

"I just felt it," I answered her honestly I looked to my side to see Stiles and Scott sharing the same look and Scott glancing down at his hands.