CHAPTER 5

I WAS driving down the street on my way to pick up Stiles from the mechanics.

He called me and told me he needed a ride because he was getting the jeep fixed.

I kept getting lost, and my phone had no service. So I was trying to use my heightened senses to find it because I had no idea where I was going.

After driving around for about another hour I saw the sign for the Mechanics and when I looked forward I saw police cars and an ambulance. I quickly parked my car and jumped out and ran towards the scene.

"Stiles? Stiles!" I didn't know what had happened or if he was hurt, I yelled as I looked around frantically.

I stopped to try and listen to his voice to find out where he was. After a minute I finally heard him.

"I told you, I just--I walked in, and I saw the jeep on top of the guy, that's all." I heard him speak.

I tried to move around the crowd of people to get to him.

"What's wrong with your hand?" The Sheriff asked.

"Nothing. Can I just get out of here now-" Stiles got cut off.

I moved around another person and saw him sitting in the back of an ambulance next to his father, "Stiles!" I yelled to him.

His and the Sheriff's eyes both shot up looking around before Stiles saw me. I ran over to him.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry it took me so long. I got lost and I didn't have any service so I couldn't text you that I would be late. Are you okay?" I rambled looking him up and down for injuries and grabbing his hand which he was now holding.

"Mae...calm down, I'm fine," He told me softly.

I sighed a breath of relief, "Okay, good," I said before sitting down on the other side of him, rubbing my thumb over the back of his hand.

"Look, if there's something you don't think you can tell me--" The Sheriff started.

"You think I'm lying?" Stiles questioned his father.

"No, of course not. I'm just worried about you. Now, if you saw someone do this, and if you're afraid that maybe they're gonna come back and make sure you don't say anything about it--" He continued.

"I didn't see anything. At all. Can I go now, please?" Stiles answered his dad.

"Sure. But not in your jeep. We're gonna have to impound it. Sorry kid, evidence. See you at home." The Sheriff told him.

Stiles groaned before speaking, "Alright, at least make sure they wash it." he yelled to his dad.

"You still want a ride?" I asked him.

"Yeah, thanks."

~

Eventually, we met up with Scott so Stiles could tell him about what he saw at the mechanics.

We were sitting in Scott's car. The boys in the front and me in the back.

"You okay?" Scott asked him.

"Yeah," Stiles answered. "You're right. It's not like you. I mean, its eyes were almost, like, reptilian. But there was something about 'em."

"What do you mean?" Scott and I asked him at the same time.

"You know when you see, like, a friend in a Halloween mask, but all you can actually see are their eyes, and you feel like you know them, but you just can't figure out who it is?" Stiles asked us.

"Are you saying you know who it is?" Scott questioned him.

"No. But I think it knew me." Stiles responded.