Chapter 22

Lisa focused on driving while Jennie was just sitting there quietly.

"Do you want to grab something to eat?" Lisa asked her, she shook her. She looks at Lisa and just gave her a soft smile.

"Im all fine, thanks." She grabbed Jennie's hands and kissed the back of it.

"I love you....." Lisa said not removing her eyes on the road.

"I love you too..."

They spent hours driving nowhere.

Jennie looks around and started feeling bad, she can't explain it but things started feeling like it happened before and in just a blink of an eye an SUV was driving towards them.

Jimin flashed right through her eyes as the car they are riding flipped over and over again.

No! No! NO!!!

Darkness consumed her completely.

---

She opened her eyes and found herself under white light, she moves her eyes around to check where she is and she found her mom sitting beside her, her father talking to a doctor.

"She's awake....." Richard stopped talking to the doctor, and they all checked on Jennie.

The doctor took his flashlight and check on Jennie's eyes.

"Jennie can you hear us?" The doctor asked her, she can't say anything since a tube was restricting her mouth and everything felt so heavy.

Lisa, is Lisa okay? Please tell me she's alive.

Rosé and Jisoo then came inside crying, Jennie looks at them through her peripheral vision and saw Jisoo crying so hard.

"I don't know how will she take that Lisa is gone." She heard Richard said.

Her eyes started burning with tears with the news she just heard. People talking in her background started to get blurry. Nothing goes in her ears anymore until she had passed out again.

It took her a week before she had fully regained her consciousness, she was brought home and she was completely lifeless. Always looking from afar and no one can talk to her not even Joanne can.

Richard already told her that Lisa's mom took her body back to Thailand, and as much as Jennie wants to see her she can't do it.

"Just tell me if this hurts, okay?" Joanne told her as the old lady clean up her stitches and changed her bandages. Jennie just sat there letting the woman do what shes supposed to do.

No matter how the alcohol stings Jennie didn't budge from it, the pain was incomparable to the feeling she's feeling deep within her chest.

Joanne finished, she threw her old bandages and kissed the girl on her forehead.

"I'll be back later so you can eat." She uttered before laying Jennie down her bed and covering her with the duvet.

She turned down the lights and left.

When darkness surrounded her that's when her tears started falling down. Once again, she had lost someone very important to her

I just want to be happy, why are you punishing me so bad?

Do you even listen whenever I asked for your mercy?

She closed her eyes and saw Lisa's smile flashed. She smiled back and caressed the woman's cheeks.

Even after death you still look so handsome... I hope you didn't feel anything when you left.

An hour later, Joanne came back to her room with a tray of food. She woke Jennie up and persuaded her to eat. The woman just take everything Joanne was putting inside her mouth, but when her stomach couldn't take it anymore she refused to take any bites anymore. The old lady made her drink her medicine and let her lie down again.

Joanne stayed for a few hours caressing Jennie's hair until she had fallen asleep. The lady stayed there just watching her, she's crying just by looking at the poor girl.

She left when she's sure Jennie isn't crying in her sleep.

---

In the morning, she came back to Jennie's room. She sat on top of her bed and was gonna wake up the girl by tapping her when she noticed there's nothing underneath but pillow.

"Jennie?" She pulled the duvet, she jolts up from the bed and goes inside the bathroom.

"Nini dear?" She shoved the shower curtains away and didn't saw anyone.

"Jennie....." She went on the veranda and still no signs of Jennie.

She went out of the bedroom and searched everywhere, she went inside the guestroom, Jennie's parents room, Rosé's room and even Jisoo's room, and still no Jennie in sight.

Since she had alarmed everyone, they all started looking for Jennie everywhere, they know she couldn't go anywhere far because of current situation. Richard asked the security if they've seen her get out of the villa, but no one ever did.

He had the cctv system checked and saw that the girl was outside around 3 am, he alarmed the vicinity of their whole area to check for his daughter.

It took them from an hour to a whole 12 hours looking for Jennie but they had failed to find her. He called for his men and told them to search tge whole city or even the whole country just to find his daughter.

But to no avail there was no Jennie everywhere.

From a day to a whole week, no one can find where she went to. It made Richard guilty as hell as he thinks about the lie he had told Jennie just to separate him from Lisa.

"You should have told her the truth. Now she's missing. You are selfish!" Elise started punching his chest. She knows, she's also part of her daughter's suffering so now she's also feeling heavy thinking how much her daughter has been living with pain.

"If you just told her Lisa is alive this wouldn't happen." Elise said as she continues to assault his chest.

"I just did what I think is right."

"And that is by lying to her? Fuck you Richard. Fuck you! Years I tried myself to be quiet cause I know there is still part of you that cares about her but there's none. You are not human. You made our daughter feel so bad about everything." She slapped his face making his head turned.

"If something happens to her, I will never forgive you."