1.14

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Day of the Full Moon.

Kai lays awake in bed, eyes gazing up at the canopy, his mind racing, his blood rushing.

He hated mornings like this, where he could feel everything around him, from the threads on his bed to the pulse of his heart. Everything was turned to 100.

Kai turns when he hears shuffling from outside the curtains, he grimaces when they drop something, the sound rattling around in his head. Great, just great.

....

Great Hall.

Jackie and Vanity chatted loudly with one another, giggling. 

Kai kept quiet, in order to tune everyone out. His arms were crossed over the table, and his eyes were dark and tired.

Remus on the other side of the hall was asleep in his arms, his face fixed into a grimace.

Sirius eyes were moving between Remus and Kai, noticing the similarities, annoyed that he missed it all these years.

....

Kai has Jackie pressed up against the wall, his hand up her shirt, and his lips stuck in her neck.

Jackie gasps and she moans. "Kai. Kai, softer." Jackie whispers, tilting her neck, giving him room.

Kai doesn't listen and he kneads her breast. "Kai, remember, I'm only human." Jackie whimpers

Suddenly Kai is grabbed roughly and pulled back. He was thrown across the floor, earning a small snarl from the older Lupin.

Jackie gasps. "Kai." Jackie exclaims

Remus looked furious. "Are you fucking kidding me Kai!" Remus roars

Kai whips to his feet, sneering. Jackie grabs his arm in an attempt to stop him, but Kai shakes her off.

"Remus, I'm okay! Kai wasn't hurting me! I promise." Jackie attempts to soothe.

"It didn't seem like it from my view." Remus hisses "I was just trying to keep him down to reality, how do you think he's able to have such control, because I talk him through it, I might not be able to do what Sirius and the others do, but I can do this." Jackie says

Kai calms down, straightening up while Remus glares. Kai lets himself be pulled back by a worried Jackie. "Jackie, you don't need to lie to me, if my brother is hurting you, please tell me." Remus asks

Jackie shakes her head, smiling. "Remus, thank you for worrying about me, but you and Kai are very different, he knows his own limits and so do I." Jackie says "I would never hurt her jackass, she's my best friend." Kai says, thoroughly pissed off.

Remus eyes him carefully, ignoring the jab towards his own lack of control. "I don't think you guys should be alone." Remus says

Jackie sighs, "Fine, I'm sorry babe, I know a stubborn werewolf when I see one. I'll be with Vanity." Jackie says, and she presses a soft kiss to his brow before walking away.

"Fuck you, Remus." Kai hisses, and he storms off to his own dorm, ignoring his brother's calls.

....

Kai curses under his breath as he gathers a change of clothes and some snacks as he sets to make his way towards the woods. 

"Kai." 

Kai turns and his eyes meet Kaden's green ones. "Kaden, what are you doing here?" Kai asks "I'm here for you, of course, I don't want you doing this alone, not anymore." Kayden says 

Kai shakes his head. "I may have control of the wolf but it's only so much, please go." Kai says, he was tired of fighting with her. "I promise, you won't hurt me." Kayden says. The green-eyed witch approaches him and she gently cradles his perfectly sculpted face. "I missed you, so fucking much, please let me take care of you." Kayden whispers

Kai leans up and kisses her.

....

A/N

I'm Back!!! Okay, I don't have a set uploading schedule for this book, so there might be periods where I don't upload, but I will stay on top of this book. Also, I edited the previous chapters, so if you want you can always reread, but for the most part, everything has stayed the same!! 

Also, I did change the cover, Idk how I feel about it yet.