A Small Comfort

~ I love this chapter it's so...well I won't say....don't want to reveal to much ;) CAMILLA'S POV!)

---------------------------------------------

I turned into a dark alley. I leaned against one of the brick walls before slowly sliding down the wall into sitting position on the ground. I looked at my legs....blood still dripping down them and getting the bottom of the dress wet and red will blood. I stood back up unsure where to go next, I have never been on this part of town. If this was even the same town. I heard yelling and instantly recognized the voice as Hinge's. I ran around in the dark alley before finally finding an exit. A small gap between two buildings, dark so they can't see me if they look, but also small enough that only a skinny small child could get through.

I heard Hinge's voice coming closer, "Princess come here...or else you will get hurt!" he shouted and I could tell by his voice he was smirking.

He came closer...I could hear him breathing it was so quiet. He walked away disappointed. Apparently it was to dark to see me. I released the breath that I didn't realize I was holding. I waited what seemed like an hour, which was probably only a few minutes before I started to slide out of the space. I slid toward the end, and stuck my head out slowly. The streets were empty. I slid out and started running. I saw houses... this was my chance. I ran and ran. I saw an intersection and turned my head to see Hinge running toward me. THIS WAS A NIGHTMARE!

"Camilla, come here NOW! he yelled, obviously furious.

I tried to push myself to run faster. He was catching up quickly, and about to turn the corner. I ran into the closest house to my right. I shut the door and locked it. I turned around and saw I was in a living room. I walked into a kitchen....realizing it was a boy about my age or a little older looking up at me frowning. He had curly brown hair. Dark green eyes that held a small sparkle. He had a light blue T-shirt, jeans, and tennis shoes on. I collapsed to the floor crying. He walked over to me and looked into my eyes for awhile before I looked away. He looked down my body, gasping when he saw my legs.

"What happened?" he whispered looking at my face again.

I just couldn't speak... all my words stuck in my throat. I looked down to see him kneeling and pulling my dress up a little to see more cuts and welts from the belt. He reached and lightly touched my leg. I winced in pain. He sat down beside me and put his arm around me. I flinched at his touch, afraid he would hurt me. I looked down at my now ruined dress.

"What's your name? Can you speak?" all these questions spilling out of this strange guy's mouth at once.

I nodded. He let me stop crying for awhile before asking again.

"What's your name? What happened to your legs? Why are you at my house?"

The last question sounded rude,but considering I ran into his house uninvited I guess I deserved it. He stared at me intently waiting for an answer.

"M-m-m-my n-n-n-name is C-c-c-c-Camilla," I stuttered out.

He picked me up bridal style and laid me on the couch in the living room. Just then the door flew open revealing a tall blond hair boy. He had blue eyes. I didn't pay much attention to details. As soon as the door flew open I ran into a corner behind a plant.

"Hey bro," the owner of the house said.

"Hey, who was that?" the blonde asked puzzled.

The owner of the house explained everything before coming over to me.

"It's ok Camilla, this is just my friend James.Oh, I forgot to tell you my name is Austin,"he started to explain before the doorbell rang.

James rushed to close the curtains, I huddled behind the plant, and Austin rushed to the door.

Austin opened the door revealing Hinge. I pushed myself as far back I could into the corner...even though my back was already against the wall.

"Hey, what's up?" Austin asked confused by the stranger to him. But to me, he was no stranger.

"Hey, I was wondering have you seen a girl about 16 years old? She's my sister and dad wants us home for supper." Hinge said.

HIS SISTER?! Wow, he's desperate to get me back. James must of saw the fear on my face. Austin looked around the house, seeing James shake his head mouthing "NO DON'T" when he looked around. He then looked out the window.

"No, haven't seen her," Austin said bored.

"Are you sure? I really need to find her or Dad will KILL ME!" Hinge said now trying to look past Austin into the house.

"Yes, now I got to go," Austin said sounding annoyed by Hinge's constant begging to look around just to make sure.

"HE SAID GOOD-BYE!" James yelled at Hinge before slamming the door in Hinge's face.

"Glad that is over," Austin said after sighing while running his fingers through his hair.

"What's wrong?" James asked looking at my pale white scared face.

I slowly pointed my finger to the window. Through the curtains you could see the shadow of Hinge trying to see it.

Austin stood in front of me as James made his way to the window. He opened the curtains about 1 foot apart to yell at a stunned Hinge.

"CUT IT OUT MAN, WE DON'T HAVE HER!! GO HOME!!! LOOKING THROUGH PEOPLE'S WINDOWS ISN'T GOING TO FIND HER MAN!!!" James yelled scaring the crap out of me.

Hinge ran down the porch steps, and ran away as fast as he could.

Austin moved the plant, and James carried me to the bedroom, because the couch was not safe...sitting beside that window and all. He laid me on the bed gently before both him and Austin sat on the side. They observed my legs and whispered to each other. Austin got up, and left the room.

"Are you ok Camilla?" James asked.

I trusted James more than Austin. I don't know if it's for telling Austin to tell Hinge I wasn't there, or the way he scared Hinge off. I started trembling, cold and scared.

"Are you cold or scared? Is that why your trembling?" James asked.

I nodded.

He pulled the blankets over me. As soon as that fabric hit my legs, I screamed in pain.

He ripped the covers off me, and picked me up. He sat me on his lap and wrapped his arms around me...keeping me warm.

"I'm back, what was with the screaming?" Austin said carrying a First Aid Kit then he looked up, seeing me in James' arms, "What happened here?" he looked confused.

James explained, while Austin treated the wounds on my legs. I screamed in pain every once and awhile.

They cared for me the rest of the day. I was extremely grateful. My only thought...would Hinge or Fin ever find me?

---------------------------------------------

~No contests last chapter...so no winners sorry!!

WASN'T THE CHAPTER SO HAPPY??

Well I just want to say THANKS!! When I asked you to rate my book most of them were 9-10 THAT MADE ME ALMOST BREAK INTO HAPPY TEARS!! I love all of you sooo much, and it means a lot when you guys say 10!! Definitly or OMG I CHECK EVERYDAY FOR A NEW CHAPTER!!

Well, I'm having a new contest thing...ok voting idea. It looks like Camilla is getting awfully close to James! Who would you like her to end up with? (You don't have to vote now...only if you want to, because I'm going to do a chapter soon with both of their POV's- to see what they are really thinking/feeling toward Camilla) so you can vote now or later....or on both...choose who you want to see now... The votes may help decide what they think in the chapter!

Well enough of the rant!! Bye :) ~