Chapter 25

I get off the plane and I feel my stomach flip inside of me. It's scarier being here in Alaska than being told that I was being sent here to assist Alexandra. My father was too busy with everything happening back at home that he couldn't come. Everyone thought that I was the next best option. Everyone except for me that is.

I walk past TSA and see a wolf holding a sign with my name written on it and I realize that it just got more real. I walk over towards him, and he has a smirk pull at his lip. "You must be Teddy. Do you have any bags to pick up at baggage claim?"

I shake my head no. Since most of what I was bringing was medical equipment, with exceptions I was allowed to bring everything I needed onto the plane. He just nodded in response and grabbed the bags that I had with me. "Then let's get going, shall we?"

I follow him to a Jeep and get inside. The beginning of the ride is deathly silently and slightly awkward. Sadly, I know that I'm the main contributing factor to this. The wolf goes to speak when my phone starts to ring. I pull out my phone and see that it's Blaine that is calling. Smiling like an idiot, I pick up the phone. "Yes," I ask trying not to sound so excited.

"I heard that you are going to Alaska to help Alexandra and Mason. What happened?" I guess Avery didn't give them all the details back at his pack. I take a deep breath before telling him what is going on. "Alexandra went into heat. The ideal situation was that my father would come to assist after her heat calmed but he is too busy. So, I am the constellation prize."

"You're not a constellation prize. It's an opportunity to get a more hands on approach for something that is extremely common." I didn't think of it that way. Having Blaine for a mate was such a pleasant surprise to my life. "I guess you're right."

"I am. I'll let you go though since I'm sure you're busy. Just let me know how everything is going when you get some time." I smile even thought I know he can't see it. Probably more because he can't. "Okay."

I hang up and I still have a goofy grin on my face. "I know that look." The wolf says while still looking forward. I realize that I never got his name. "Was that your mate?" He asks.

"Yes, it was." I state in a matter-of-fact tone. "If you wouldn't mind, what's your name?"

"Oh, I guess I forgot to tell you that. My name is Harris. I'm from the Dark Moon Pack." I just nod my head.

We drive for a while longer. He tells me about how they come to know V and how Alexandra and Avery even ended up in Alaska before we finally make it to the pack house. Avery is waiting outside with Nick. I quickly get out when the car comes to a stop.

"Teddy, welcome to Alaska." I just nod. Avery makes me nervous. Although I've been told he isn't as scary as he looks or comes off, he still just makes me uncomfortable. "How long as she been in heat?" I just decide to ask all the information I need to update my dad.

"It's been five days. It was offset by Mason coming back from his hike up Denali Mountain and since Mason is 18, he hasn't gone through a rut." I cocked my head to the side. I never heard of a rut before. "Thank you. I'll update my dad and tell you what he says."

Avery nods and I walk away. Although he is busy, I think it will be better to call and update him than to text. He hates texting. He picks up on the second ring. "Teddy, what have you found?"

"Avery says that she has been in heat for 5 days." I don't even get the chance to finish telling him everything else that Avery said because he cut in to think out loud, like he usually does. "Well heats typically last 5-7 days so she's in that range where she can come out at any point. So, you arrived just in time. Anything else he said?"