Chapter 12

I got a text from the doctor telling me that they got the results back for Harmony. It was the worst timing ever since I was enjoying my time with Alexandra. Of course, my left seemed to worry her still.

I smile to myself a little thinking about her before I make it back to V's ridiculous packhouse. Here is hoping that they have an escort since I have no idea how to get to the doctor again.

Walking into the house I see I'm in luck. One of V's men that's taller than me greets me. "Alpha stated you need to see Dr. Billings." I just nodded not really knowing what to say.

He nods back and starts to walk. I just assume I'm supposed to follow him. They don't really talk much here. Unless everything is over mindlink but that seems tiring.

I don't get to ponder on it long since we made it to the doctor's office. One last nod and the warrior is gone. I take a deep breath and open the door. Inside Michelle is there with Harmony. V is also there behind the doctor.

"Sorry to disturb your out time but I figured you would like to know the results as soon as they came in."

Nodding I answered him. "Yes, it's fine. What are the results?"

I was sick to my stomach waiting to find out. At this moment I honestly wished I asked Alexandra to come with me. Hell even Blaine. I needed someone here with me.

I watched as the doctor pulled out a folder from his top desk drawer and held it out towards me. Michelle took it from him and opened it up staring at what was written before she exploded. "This can't be right! Run the test again!"

"Yell again human and you'll be put out tonight. Do I make myself clear?" V stated flatly. "Excuse me I-"

"Obviously I wasn't clear enough for you. You're at my house. On my land. Surrounded by my warriors. I know as a pack whore you know exactly what that means. Now you will speak in a normal tone to my doctor or you will be put out. Do you understand?" V didn't yell but the venom was laced throughout his tone.

Michelle didn't argue. She just crossed her arms and pouted. I find it funny that she didn't retort his pack whore claim.

I walk over to her and take the paper from her hands. I'm scanning over it and see that there is a 0.000% probability of paternity. My mind starts to race and I feel like I can't see straight. I'm nauseous and feel as my blood starts to slowly heat up.

"How accurate is this?" I ask to no one in particular. "100%" V answers me.

"Honestly it's been proven that human females cannot conceive with an Alpha. So I wasn't expecting anything else from the results. But the DNA confirms that there is absolutely no chance that you are the father of her child although it does belong to a wolf." My head involuntarily looked at Michelle with a glare. The doctor kept talking but I wasn't listening much. "We have narrowed down that the wolf is of California roots like yourself but unlike yourself, he isn't of European ancestry."

I have no idea why I caught that last part but I did. "What do you mean not of European ancestry?"  I felt confused by all of this.

"Well, not all werewolves are of European descent. This is one of those cases. Honestly, my dear if you need me to test someone else I'm willing to help." Michelle seemed close to erupting but one quick glance from V stopped her in her place.

She came over to me and wrapped an arm around my neck. "You can't believe them. Harmony is yours."

I just shook my head as I pushed her arm away. There was no way I could believe that. The doctor has no reason to lie to me. Hell V doesn't have a reason to lie to me. He has Cassie what does he have to prove?