Chapter 26

Ladies and Gentlemen....we are in the end game lol. We have about 6 more chapters to go and this story will be done, then on to the next book...after a little hiatus of course.

"Ugh Teddy, how much longer do I have to do this?" I ask completely annoyed that I'm still bed ridden and hooked up to an IV. Teddy just sighs. I'm sure he's annoyed that I keep asking him the same question. "I already told you. When you show me that you can shift, I'll let you go back to training. Until then you're stuck, okay."

I know he's looking out for me, and it makes perfect sense. I don't have the necessary nutrients to shift into my wolf form. I honestly haven't tried because I know I can't do it right now. "Okay, hear me out. I won't go back to training but let me be there to see how it's going for Mason. It's been two days."

Teddy just shook his head no at me. There was a slight knock on the door and Teddy threw his hands up in frustration. "This has got to be the most hardheaded pack on the planet. No!" He yells at the person on the other side of the door.

"I just wanted to- "Teddy cut Blaine off before he could finish his sentence. "I'm here to help Alexandra. Not see you. There will be a time and place for that." There was silence on the other end before you heard his footsteps leaving.

"Harsh Teddy." I say feeling a little bad for Blaine. "The truth. Alpha said I was to take care of you and there wasn't a rush to come back if I wanted to stay a few days. He needs to understand that what we do has to come first. I would never ask him to put aside his Beta duties to hang out with me."

Teddy seems to have grown out of his shyness. It's easy to see that Blaine had a lot to do with that. He was helping him grow into his own. However, he's obviously been around Cassie too long because he is developing sassiness that he didn't have before. I laugh thinking about the thought, and he looks at me confused. "What?"

"I was just thinking about how I like the effects Blaine seems to have had on you." He looks down as red as a tomato. So that shyness is still there. "Don't make me nervous or I'm more willing to become clumsy." We both smile and mine slowly falls as I realize I'm still stuck in this room.

"Can I just go outside for one minute." The face Teddy makes lets me know he's done with me. "Mason is fine. He's training. Waiting for you to get better and come back." Hearing he is still training puts me at ease. I thought he wouldn't do anything with Avery alone after what we put him through.

I decide to leave it alone and ask about how things are going back at the Night Stalker Pack. "How is it back at home?"

"Cassie and Gregor gifts are annoying. It doesn't help that hers are getting better and strong with each passing day. Gregor was supposed to leave but he's decided to stay and help Cassie develop her gift further. He did move about 45 minutes away though. He doesn't like staying with a pack for long." Teddy pauses to check inside of his bag. Probably pulling out the supplements I still must be on. "V's nightmares are completely gone. He actually gets sleep. Cassie has implemented a lot of things that have worked overall for us and has Brent and V less busy. That means they train and train the warriors much more than before. The only thing we have a problem with his Aiden."

I nod. Of course, that would be the only problem. Cassie had told me about how he isn't getting much from Damien at the moment. They are sitting on him still to see if he's just not informed yet or completely abandoned.

Suddenly a mindlink comes through. "All warriors to the Eastern border! We are under attack!" I quickly sit up, but Teddy runs around and pushes me back down. This was the proof that I was still recovering because I couldn't do anything in retaliation. "Teddy, we're under attack!"