Chapter 27

"Oh, how I've waited for this day." I could care less what Austin says at this point. He wants a fight, and a fight is what he will get. I already instructed all my men to stay out of the fight, even if it looks like I will lose.

I want my win to be legit even if Austin plans on being dirty. I stand across from him trying to clear my mind but there is one thing I can't get off of it. "Alexandra," I say softly through mindlink.

"Mason, what's going on? They said we are under attack." She quickly rambles off and it puts my heart at ease. "Austin is here for the challenge, and we are going to fight. I just need to check on you so that I won't be worried."

"I'm fine. Smiley and the guys are here." She paused for a while. I'm sure she was upset that she couldn't be here. "Kick his ass."

I smile to myself as I answer her back. "I will." I cut the mindlink and see Austin looking at me. "Done talking to the mate? Ready to get down to it?" The truth is I was ready that night I saw him at the Blue Silver Pack.

Right before we could begin fighting, I caught a scent and quickly turned around. "Caleb, no! Go back now!" I quickly shout towards him. The look on his face showed he had a lot to say but was going to listen.

"Alpha, let him stay. Focus on Austin." Paul quickly added in on Caleb's behalf. I can't believe I'm hearing this. He's 14 and a lot smaller than any wolf here, that's including Austin's wolves. Normally I would argue but I need to save the energy. "Fine, stay out of the way. Same as everyone else." Caleb nodded and I turn back to Austin.

"Hope you're ready, I'm not waiting anymore." With those words he quickly shifted into his wolf. I realize that I need to quickly follow before I have to fight him in human form. I had just shifted when Austin took his first snap at my face.

I knew he did it to taunt me since you always attack the neck if given the chance. I growl at him, and we begin to circle around, both searching for a weakness in the other. I don't see an obvious weakness and start to think of when to test him. That's when I see him lunge forward towards me.

I quickly dodge out of the way and realize his weakness without attacking. He's impatient and quick to attack. I'm sure he doesn't think his attacks through either. There was only one way to find out. I begin to circle again, waiting for him to grow impatient and attack.

It didn't take long. As expected, he quickly charges again. I move to the side but snip at his right heel grazing him slightly. He blows air forcefully out of his nose and glares at me. I was right. He doesn't think ahead.

************

All this time helping him train and get ready for this moment and I'm stuck here with an IV in. "Teddy, I know I can't shift but I'm not completely weak. Please can I at least get up out of bed?" He looked like he was contemplating but nodded in head in the end.

"I'm not trying to escape if that's what you were worried about." The silence told me he was thinking about it. "So, are you under attack?' Or maybe not. Seems he was worried. I'm sure it was Blaine he was worried about.

"No, Austin came early for the challenge." I say to him flatly. Not having much enthusiasm being stuck here. "So, he waited for you to be weak?"

"Probably," I say back quickly. "But don't worry, our psycho warriors are here to help." He smirked as he blew out a little air from him nose with a chuckle. "Like Blaine would take their help."

So, he was worried about Blaine. I didn't get to ask him more before I heard a knock on the door. "Come in." I say quickly. A female I hadn't seen before came in. "Oh, hi Luna. You don't know me but," I cut her off. "Doesn't matter. What do you need?"