Chapter 4

She's right and I know she is. I want to do it on my own but I just can't. This is one of the reasons that Austin even wants to challenge me. He thinks he can do a better job but the truth is he doesn't know how hard it is. I know I didn't.

I stalk into my office and plop down into my chair as I rub my hands down my face. I'm too aggravated to deal with all of this. It's too much at one time. Austin, Alexandra, my warriors, Harmony.

Another sigh escaped as I thought about the baby. I have to call Cassie to get the test set up. I pull out my phone and dial the number.

"What day can you make it?"

"Whenever works for you guys. I got Michelle to agree and we'll fly out to get it done."

"Friday?" She asked and I didn't see a problem with that. Gave me a few days to get the tickets and try to sort out this mess.

"Yeah, that's good."

I was going to thank her and hang up but I didn't. Instead, I stayed on the line silent. I knew I had to ask. It was just a lot more difficult to swallow my pride than I expected.

"What's up Mace?"

"Avery? He's one of V's men?"

"Yeah. I never asked how we had him for PE but he's one of V's. He even helped me train Alexandra to win the competition. Why?"

The question I didn't want to answer.

"I need someone to help with training here and Alexandra said I should ask you."

I should feel relieved but I don't. As an Alpha, I should be able to do this on my own. Not keep running to Cassie when I need help.

"Scared your boys won't listen to Alexandra. I get it. You can use Avery until she beats them into submission. Anything else?"

"No."

"Alright. See you Friday then."

She hung up the phone and I sat there a little stunned. She let me use Avery without any hesitation.

I knew it was because of Alexandra. She only speaks to me now because she is my mate. I also know it's true but that doesn't mean we have to be together. Plenty of wolves picked someone other than their mates.

There were two quick taps on my door letting me know that Blaine was on the other side.

"Yeah, Blaine."

He opened the door with a smirk before he slithered his way in. "Just coming to see what happened with Alexandra's first day."

"I don't know. You went to breakfast with her, why don't you tell me?"

Blaine only smiled wider as he sat in the chair opposite my desk.

"I knew you were jealous about that."

"I'm not jealous. She hated it and said we need new training and warriors."

"Agreed so what are we going to do about it?"

"We get Avery to help us."

"PE teacher Avery?"

I just nodded my head as I looked back down at the paperwork on my desk.

"Man Alexandra really helped us out."

"Cassie." I bit out before looking back up at him. "Cassie helped us out."

Blaine scoffed as he stood up and walked back to my door.

"If it wasn't for Alexandra we wouldn't have the help. We also wouldn't need Avery if you would just let her help."