Chapter 8

I don't know why I have to share a room with Blaine. Especially since he's being super weird.

"Blaine...Blaine!" He quickly snaps his head up at me. "What is up with you and don't say it's nothing."

He seemed to be aggravated by something. Groaning before looking at me defeated, he finally spoke. " Listen, you're like my brother and you know I never thought there was anyone for me. Like there wasn't a mate I was destined to meet."

"Yeah. What are you getting at?" I didn't get why he was running around the issue.

He seemed to clam up again. Getting quiet and pulling further and further into himself. I thought I would have to pull him from his own thoughts again. However, he took one last deep breath before he stared right at me. I felt like he was peering into my soul. "I found them. I found my mate."

Now it was my turn to be completely silent. I was shocked. Who was this girl? When did he find her? Where did he find her? He just left me with so many more questions than I had before he dropped that bombshell on me.

"So..." I couldn't even finish my sentence. Still completely at a loss at what I was just told. "Like...who? Who is it?"

The way he sat back in his chair and crossed his arms told me he wasn't going to just be outright and tell me. "There is more to it than that."

I scratch the top of my head confused. I'm really not in the mood for all these games and guesses. I just want to know what is going on. "Listen I have enough uncertainty in my life right now. Just tell me what you have to say."

"I never told you why I didn't think I had a mate." Blaine wasn't even looking at me anymore as he spoke. He refused to look down from his spot in the ceiling he was staring at.

"So tell me why?"

"Promise me it won't change anything." Now he had me worried. I didn't answer him but only looked at him to try and think about what it was that he kept from me.

Soon he looked down from the ceiling directly at me. "Mason. Promise me."

I had decided that Blaine was my brother. Nothing he was going to tell me would change that. "Promise."

"I never thought I had a mate because-" He lost the determination he had to tell me almost instantly.

I just waited for him to tell me. I wasn't in a rush. He could take his time. It just made me worry more since it seemed to bother him.

"I don't find females attractive."

I didn't say anything. I was completely confused. "So you're saying you're gay?"

He just nodded without saying anything. "And you thought that I would care about this because?" His head shot up and his eyes were huge as he stared at me in disbelief.

"You had me worried for no reason. I don't care if you like females or males. You love who you love." He took a breath like he was holding his for this entire conversation.

I thought about how he had zoned out and I couldn't get his attention back in the infirmary. I think it's safe to say that it wasn't the doctor that was his mate. So I think I can guess that it was the half-breed kid.

"So the clumsy kid in the infirmary?" Blaine's cheeks blazed a fiery red color. I realized that my deduction was correct. "Nailed it."

With a chuckle, he just nodded his head. "Yeah. Kinda shocked he's young...and a half-breed. Well...aside from the fact that I even have a mate."

Now he was back to normal. I couldn't believe he was worried about me not accepting what he is. I get that most wolves aren't accepting. That they think it is a sign of tainted blood. The signs of human blood flowing through your veins. Because to them a wolf cannot like or mate the same gender. Especially males.

There was a light knock on the door and I quickly turned my head. "Come in Luna!" If looks could kill I would murder Blaine. He just smirked as Alexandra came into the room. She was as red as Blaine was just a moment ago.

"Sorry if I'm interrupting." I shook my head at her. "No, you're not. Blaine was just leaving." I glare at him so he can take the hint.

At first, he just stared at me confused before he seemed to finally understand. "Oh...OH!! Yeah, that's right. I forgot I have a new person to stalk. So much to learn so little time. We will talk later Alexandra." He blew her an air kiss before he walked out the door.

Blaine really knows how to irritate me sometimes. "What does he mean by stalking?" I try to just laugh off her question. I want to leave it up to Blaine to tell her.

"Oh you know, Blaine being Blaine." She gave off a laugh as she covered her mouth. "Very true. What did you want to talk about?"

"Dr. Billings."

"He's a genius, right?" She literally lit up with excitement at the conversation. "I mean, I feel
like there is so much more to learn from him."

She was right about that. Everything he just told us in the infirmary was eye-opening. Shockingly, I've learned more about my kind from a human in a few minutes than I ever have from a wolf.

"I agree. I'm still worried though?"

"What about? He is the only human V trusts. Better yet he's the only person, wolf or human he trusts to take care of his blood pack, himself, even his Luna."

That was a very good point. He still doesn't even trust me around Cassie. I even heard he wasn't a fan of her family either.

I just nod and sigh. Am I beginning to think of Alexandria that way? Is it why I don't like Blaine joking with her?

"Hey, Mason." I look at her to see she's looking towards the door. "Ready to leave?"

"Well...no...I just told Teddy-" she stopped abruptly when she saw the confusion creep across my face. "The wolf boy in the infirmary."

Oh, she's talking about the half breed. I was a little annoyed at first that she was leaving to talk to someone else, another male at that. But, after hearing about him being Blaine's mate I'm intrigued to know if she can find out more.

"Yeah. Catch up with your friend. I'm sure he has a lot to tell you."

*****
I was slowly making my way to the infirmary since I kept thinking about what Mason said. 'I'm sure he has a lot to tell you,' kept playing in my head. What did he mean by that? I was gone for a week. What could have happened at that time?

I shake it off as I finally make it to the infirmary. Walking past the infirmary door I step to the next door that is connected to the small office I and Teddy once shared.

I give two quick taps before I step inside. Teddy seems tense but he smiles up at me. "Hey, Alex. Glad you're back."

"Me too. What's up? You seem tense." He can't even muster a fake smile anymore. "Can you mindlink Luna? I want to talk to both of you."
Teddy has me even more worried but I gave one nod and tried to get Cassie over mindlink.

"Hey, are you busy?"

"This better be good." Cassie sounded really annoyed that I was mindlinking her right now.

"Teddy needs us."