Chapter 5

I lay in the bed and I still can't sleep. Yes, I know that training is in 4 hours and that any amount of sleep at this point would only be beneficial. I might have talked to Mason and made a little bit of ground but my mind is just as restless as it was when I walked into the kitchen just an hour ago.

However, my mind isn't filled with thoughts of being alone. Instead, I just keep thinking about whether I am good enough. For Mason as a mate. For his pack as a Luna. For Harmony as a stepmother if she did turn out to be his.

I tried not to show it but it really tore my heart to shreds to think of her being his. She was cute and did nothing wrong yet, I wanted nothing more than for her not to be Masons. It was completely selfish and I honestly don't know if I could stay if she was.

There was a soft knock on my door and I just looked at it from my bed not moving.

"I know you're awake." Avery's voice rang on the other side of the door.

I hopped out of my bed to open the door and see Avery standing perfectly straight with his arms behind his back.

"I hear we are in partnership to get these slackers into shape."

I smile to myself as I nod. "We are."

"Good. I don't think I have the patience to do this alone."

He could say that again. Avery was a very impatient man but seeing that he worked for V it made perfect sense. He was the most impatient wolf I've ever met. With Cassie being a close second.

"Mason has told me that you spent the day training with them. What am I up against?"

I thought long and hard to remember anything that really stood out and nothing came to mind. "I don't know. They only had me run. I didn't see what they were doing or their skill level. I just assume it's lower than mine."

Avery sighed before he composed himself again. "I know they are completely undisciplined already. It will be interesting to see their skill level."

"Or lack of," I say a little bitterness laced in my voice. Avery noticed and looked to me for an answer. "Oh, you'll see tomorrow."

Avery just nodded. "Tomorrow then. Get some rest."

"Will do," I say closing the door knowing that sleep is the last thing I will get tonight. There's always tomorrow night.

*****

4:30 am I make my way to where the training grounds are to meet Avery. Standing right in the middle of the field Avery stands looking straight in my direction. I'm not shocked to see that he is alone and that I am the first one to arrive at training.

It's going to suck for them once they realize that in Avery's book if you're 15 minutes early, you're on time. And if you're on time, you're late. I smile getting happiness from the fact that they are going to suffer today.

"Alexandra. Glad to see they haven't rubbed off on you." I scoffed annoyed at the implication that their laziness would affect me in any way.

Both our gazes look up as we hear someone approaching. I'm shocked to see Tristan since it was my understanding that he trained separately from the rest of the group.

He smiled in our direction before he casually made his way towards us. As the distance grew shorter he began to talk.

"I came to see the trainer of the infamous Night Stalker Pack and the first female warrior in action. Hope you don't mind." He finished as he stood in front of us.

He smirked towards me and I looked to Avery. Avery seemed unamused by him and cocked his head to the side.

"If you really want to see my work first hand... you'll workout. Alexandra is, or do you think you'll quit and fail the first day like your brothers." A growl came from Tristan and I silently hoped he wouldn't be stupid enough to try anything with Avery.