Chapter 11

We talked for quite a while and I ate a lot more than I was expecting. I didn't expect Mason to be this open with me. I found out about everything.

He told me about the girls he was with when Cassie went to Europe. About taking the pack forcibly from his father. About Austin trying to take the pack from him. Of course, he told me about the agony of waiting to hear back about Harmony.

Overall I honestly feel like we made progress. So much so that my overthinking can't even find a way around the fact. No other reasons or excuses. That honestly makes my heart flutter at the thought.

A quick peeks over to Teddy and Blaine shows that they are getting along as well. Teddy is laying with his legs outstretched and Blaine took it upon himself to lay his head in his lap.

"Blaine can't help but be over the top." I quickly turn my head to Mason to see he has caught me creeping on Blaine and Teddy. I can feel my cheeks burn from embarrassment.

Mason just laughs as he puts his massive hand on top of my head and rests it. "Don't worry. I was looking too."

My cheeks burn more at just that little bit of contact with him. I'm sure it also had to do with the fact that he seemed more comfortable around me. Suddenly he pushes himself up off my head and I'm surprised at how light the movement was.

I look up to see as Mason pulls his t-shirt up and over his head in one motion. Embarrassed I quickly burry my face in my knees. I'm sure my entire body is red right now.

"Oh come on Angel. I'm sure you've seen abs before." You could literally hear the cockiness in his voice. I wasn't the only one who notices because Cassie threw a pebble at him. "They're not even that good if we're being honest."

Mason tried to mock heartbreak but Cassie didn't care. When I finally look up Mason was face to face with me. "Are you going to make me go swimming with them by myself?" He held his thumb over his shoulder.

I looked over his shoulder to see that everyone else was already in the water. Even Boss. Looking at Teddy and Blaine I had a little jealously stir inside me. It just seemed so easy for them. They just meshed. Mason tapped my forehead to pull me out of my thoughts. "Swimming or no?"

With a slight chuckle, I took off my shirt and stood up to take off my shorts. The second they hit the floor Mason grabbed me by my waist and threw me over his shoulder before darting to the water.

I let out a screech but it was too late. He had already dove headfirst with me into the water. I slightly panic as the cold rushes over me quickly and I frantically rush to the surface. When I make it Mason is already out and has a smug smirk on his face.

"So you can swim. That's good to know." He did not just jump into the water to see if I could swim. I could honestly kill him right now.

I think he saw the venom that was seeping from my facial expression because he held his hands up in self-defense. "I would have saved you if you couldn't. Honest." Like that makes it any better. I couldn't believe him.

Soon he's snaking his arm around my waist to pull me closer to him. It's moments like this that he confuses me most. I want to take this as a good thing. As my mate wanting to get closer but, it's Mason.

"You know if I'm ever too much Angel just say the word and I'll stop." I didn't want him to stop. I liked this fun and playful Mason that I never got to see before.

So I shook my head no at him and the megawatt smile he flashed seemed to melt me on the spot. I went to wrap my arms around his neck when Teddy called out for him.

"Hey, Mason is this your phone?" He held up Mason's phone and Mason let go of his hold on me to head back to where we were sitting. "Yeah. What's up?"