one

1984

Lauren Wilson jumped up and down enthusiastically, while kicking in time with the music.

"Kick! Up! Reach!" Xavier Plympton, the aerobics instructor and Lauren's friend was yelling at the class.

"Don't stop, Laurie!" Xavier instructed as she stopped for a moment to catch her breath. She joined in on the hip thrusts, biting down on her bottom lip at her best friend Montana Duke beside her.

Montana winked seductively in response, and the pair giggled. Laurie felt Xavier's eyes on her as she circled her hips, and she pretended not to notice. She jumped as she felt a pair of hands on her hips,

"More of a circular motion." Xavier said in her ear, guiding her body. She bit the inside of her cheek to avoid laughing, and Xavier winked at her as he moved back to the front of the class.

Laurie dropped to her knees when Xavier yelled, "And down!" and began kicking her legs again. After completing more hip thrusts on the ground, the class was over.

"Dude, Xavier was so checking out your ass that whole class." Montana raved a little too loudly as they made their way to the locker rooms side by side.

"Shut up, he was not!" Laurie giggled as they entered the locker rooms. She slung her bag onto a bench and retrieved her towel, before stripping.

"Well, he is missing out on one piece of ass!" Montana joked while checking out her friend's ass.

"You know it." Laurie winked before turning on her shower and hopping in.

"Anyways, did you see-" Montana started, but fell silent when someone else joined them. It was a brunette girl that Laurie had recognised from the back of the class. The girl was forced to take the shower between Montana and Laurie. Montana looked over at Laurie with wide eyes and mouthed 'Did you see her?'

Laurie frowned, unable to decipher what the blonde had even said. It was quite awkward with the three of them showering in silence, until Montana lent over the new girl's shower.

"Hi." She simply said, smiling. "I'm not a lez. Just friendly." Laurie giggled at her friend's bluntness. "Rad bod, though. Like that girl on Cheers." Montana noted, glancing down at the girl's body. Curious, Laurie also stole a glance, and hummed in agreement. "I noticed you ogling our buddy Chet's mound. You want us to introduce you?"

"I don't know what you're talking about." The girl said, without looking at Montana or Laurie in the face. She didn't seem to want to talk to either of the girls. Laurie understood this, they could be a lot to handle sometimes.

"It's nothing to be ashamed of." Montana said, shrugging.

"The whole reason most people come to Slimmercise class is to hook up." Laurie added.

"Not for me." The girl said, turning off her shower. She put on her towel and left the pair.

"The last American virgin." Montana breathed in curiosity.

"You scared her off." Laurie frowned at the blonde, also turning her shower off.

"Everyone tells me I can be a little over the top with new people. It's just that it's L.A... you can't make friends unless you get a little aggressive, right?" Montana rushed after the new girl, and Laurie followed, wrapping her towel around her body.

"Totally." The girl smiled, "I'm Brooke. I'm new in town."

"Hi Brooke." Laurie grinned, "I'm Lauren. But you can call me Laurie." Brooke smiled in return.