twelve

1989

Laurie and Montana laid side by side on the pier, soaking in the sun. They wore matching bikinis, Montana in red and Laurie in blue. Both girls looked up as footsteps echoed down the pier, taking off their sunglasses.

It was an awkward looking man with a camera, taking photos of the lake. He lowered the camera as he caught sight of the two beautiful girls before him.

"Take a picture." Montana broke the silence, "It'll last longer."

"I-I'm sorry, I I didn't mean to-" He stammered, blushing.

"Relax, she's just teasing." Laurie flicked her brown hair over her shoulder and strolled over to the man.

"You another one of those true-crime tourists?" Montana appeared beside her.

"Oh, God, no. I'm here for the waterfowl." He said excitedly. Laurie and Montana exchanged a glance as if to say, this guy is such a nerd!  "This lake is a rest stop on the Pacific Flyway. Ducks migrate from as far as Patagonia."

"Neat." Laurie breathed, nodding as she pretended to be interested.

"Yeah, hoping to catch a green-winged teal with my new lens. It was a birthday present."

"Mm, happy birthday..." Montana whispered seductively.

"No ducks around here, but you can take our picture." Laurie grinned, and both girls posed with their hands on their hips.

"Um sure." The man shrugged, and lifted his camera.

"Tops on or off?" Montana bit her lip.

"Uh, you-you shouldn't. I'm-I'm here with my girlfriend." He muttered, his face as red as a tomato.

"We won't tell if you won't." Laurie smirked, and both girls got close to him. He didn't know which girl to look at first.

"What's this?" Montana breathed, pointing down at his fanny pack.

"M-my fanny pack." He stuttered.

"Can I unzip it?" Montana asked, to which the man nodded. She unzipped it slowly, and stuck her hand inside. "Mmm. That's nice."

The man took a shaky breath, and the two girls exchanged a mischievous glance. "You want to stick it in us, Birthday Boy?" Montana breathed.

"Oh, God, yes." He said quickly.

"Us first." Laurie smirked, and in unison, the two girls plunged their knives into the man's stomach. He looked wildly between them, his mouth wide open, before dropping dead on the pier.

It felt so good to not be on the receiving side of the knife, and Laurie exhaled in triumph as she glanced at her best friend.

"So gauche. Aren't you bored of this by now?" The two girls spun at the sound of someone speaking. Three of the 'old-timers' stood there, looking down at the dead body.

"Seriously. I haven't wanted to so much as touch a living person since 1972." One of them complained.

"Ugh. Get bent, old-timers." Xavier pushed past them, "Stop raining on our blood parade." He stopped in front of Laurie, gripping her waist. "Bitchin' kill, babe. I call next." Laurie moaned as they collided in an open mouthed kiss. Her hand spread blood up his arm, and she grinded her hips against his.

"Ugh, gag me with a spoon." Montana stepped over the body, "Get a room, you two."

"Yeah, you guys aren't the only ones stuck here." One of the counsellors complained. Xavier and Laurie were the only 'real' couple out of all the ghosts in the camp, and everyone was sick of their constant making out and sex in weird places.