eight

"Let's get the fuck out of here." Ray hissed.

"My van." Xavier said, as if broken out of a trance, "The van!" The seven of them sprinted through the forest towards the carpark, and Laurie muttered a prayer,

"My trust is in You, God, and I give thanks to You for Your love and protection. In Jesus' name, Amen. Grant, O Lord, thy protection and in protection, strength." She recited the only prayer she knew, as they came into a clearing. "Yes, yes!" She cried out as the group approached the van.

"Shit, shit!" Someone muttered as they piled into the van. A rush of adrenaline coursed through Laurie and she did the sign of the cross as she sat in the passenger's seat.

"You aren't even religious." Montana breathed as hopped in after Laurie.

"I know." Laurie muttered and threw Xavier the keys, who immediately started the engine.

"Come on, let's go!" Trevor yelled at Xavier, as the engine was turning over.

"I can't unsee that shit! It was gray matter coming out of his head, man!" Ray rocked back and forth in his seat.

"Who gives a shit?! Xavier, just drive!" Montana yelled at Xavier, who was desperately trying to turn the engine on. As the engine spluttered for what felt like the millionth time, he slammed his hand on the wheel in frustration,

"Come on!" He growled.

"It's not gonna start. We're stuck here!" Laurie cried out, struggling to breathe.

"I can't die with a guilty conscience." Chet shook his head. Laurie turned her eyes to him, her gaze clouded with tears. "I totally did those steroids!"

"Yeah, we all fucking know!" Montana screamed at the same time as Laurie yelled, "No shit!"

"Come on, baby!" Xavier muttered, until the engine finally started. Laurie whooped in triumph, and Xavier stuck his head out the window to reverse.

"Oh, yeah!" Ray yelled as the car started moving. They were finally getting out of this shithole.

"Fuck you, Camp Redwood!" Montana yelled, with her middle fingers up. Laurie laughed, even though her eyes were still to the brim with tears. She bounced around excitedly in her seat as Xavier drove off.

"Yes!" Laurie leaned across and kissed Xavier on the corner of his mouth as he grinned triumphantly. Then, a waving figure in front of them caused Xavier to hit the brakes and swerve, crashing into another car that was parked.

Brooke swung open the door to the van, and jumped out, "Rita? Are you okay?" Rita was laying on the ground, groaning. "Can you sit up?" Brooke, Montana and Laurie helped her sit up.

"He's in the infirmary." Rita told them, breathing heavily.

"What?"

"I thought I locked the door, but then I heard it... the jingling." Xavier and Trevor exchanged a scared look as Rita said this. "He's back."

"Oh, fuck." Xavier groaned, and hopped back into the van, to see if it would turn on.

"Oh my God, oh my God." Laurie breathed, standing up. "We're fucking stuck here."

"Come on, come on," Xavier muttered, while the engine spluttered.

"Dude!" Chet called to Xavier, "Dude! It's dead."

"We're all gonna be dead if we don't get out of here." Brooke stammered.

"I got a car. It's a Rabbit, though." Rita said, quickly. "We won't all fit."