two

The next day, the gang hung around the lounge after class. It was summer, so there wasn't much to do.

Laurie was throwing a 'beginning of summer' party that she did every year, but this year it was more of a 'last hurrah' before they went to the summer camp.

"Brooke, you need to come to my party!" Laurie raved as Brooke sat nervously on the outskirts of the group.

"It's usually the biggest, and best party of the year." Ray added.

"Yeah, her parents are totally rich." Montana told Brooke with a grin.

"They aren't that rich." Laurie said awkwardly, folding her arms. That was a lie. They were filthy rich. Although she was grateful, she didn't really care for that lifestyle anymore. In high school she only used to hang around the cool rich kids, but since she graduated she had made some real friends.

"You literally live in Hidden Hills." Ray scoffed.

"You live in Hidden Hills?" Brooke's eyes widened at Laurie, "Isn't that a gated community?"

"Yeah... so you'll come?" Laurie perked, leaning over the couch to face the girl.

"Uh, sure." Brooke shrugged.

"Perfect." Laurie grinned, before taking a sip of her juice she made from the juice squeezer at the aerobics centre. "Well, I've got to go. Gotta organise stuff for the party."

"See ya." The group said in unison as she slung her bag over her shoulder and stood up.

"Xav, don't forget the cooler." Laurie directed at the blond boy, chucking him a wink.

"I won't, babe." Xavier leant back in his seat, his stomach turning. They always teased and flirted with each other, but the way Xavier's stomach felt made him believe it was a little more than a sexual attraction.

🔪

Laurie picked up a few things from the store before getting home a couple of hours before guests would start coming.

"Lauren, honey," Her mom called to her as soon as Laurie entered and dropped her bag in the lobby. "I set out some snacks and drinks for your friends, alright? And don't make a mess on my new couches." She said, appearing at the top of the stairs.

"Mom, no one wants your punch unless it's spiked." Laurie rolled her eyes. "And we won't make a mess, I swear." Laurie's mom was under the impression that she only had a few friends over. Every year, she's proven wrong, yet continues to allow her daughter to throw these parties.

"Okay, can you and dad piss off now?" Laurie groaned, "I can finish setting up. Montana's coming over early to help me."

"Montana, hmm?" Laurie's mom's expression dropped. She believed Montana was a bad influence, because she came from a poorer part of town. All throughout high school, Laurie was encouraged to be friends with the rich kids, and she was, but Montana was her closest friend of all.

"Yep." Laurie nodded, "Now go. Don't you have dinner reservations?"

"Yes, yes, alright." Laurie's mom kissed her on the cheek quickly before leaving. Laurie breathed in deeply, there was nothing better than an empty mansion ready to be partied in.