eleven

"Highway to Heaven, man. I still have an audition on the books." Xavier, who had gained a lot more strength, complained. "Possible two-episode arc as a cheery bellhop. How's a burn victim ever supposed to play cheery? Hmm?"

"It's okay." Laurie murmured, placing her arms around Xavier in comfort. She was now covered in bandages that they were able to find in the cabin. One around her head, around her shoulder, and her leg. She looked like a mummy.

"I don't like this. Brooke should be back by now." Montana suddenly got to her feet. "Screw this. You two stay here, I'm gonna go find her."

As she approached the door, it swung open and Rita scrambled in, slamming the door behind her. Xavier and Laurie both leapt to their feet in defence. They didn't know who this woman was, but she was not 'Rita'.

"Not another step." Montana threatened, pointing the knife she had in her hand at the woman.

"I'm not here to clash. I only want to help us get out of here." Rita breathed, her hands raised by her head.

"Says the bitch who punched me in the throat." Montana retorted. "I suggest you leave now before I get the urge to kick more of your ass."

"I thought I could help people all around the world. I never would have put you in harm's way otherwise." Rita said quickly.

"What?" Laurie frowned, scratching her head.

"Mr. Jingles. I released him." Rita explained, and Laurie's stomach dropped. "I led him to the camp. What happened here tonight it's it's my fault."

"You did this to me? Look at my fucking face!" Xavier yelled, "Lauren doesn't have a fucking ear because of you!"

"My Rabbit is parked in the staff lot. If the three of us pull together, we can survive this." Rita said quickly, turning her frightened expression to Xavier and Laurie, who were both fuming.

"No. It's your fault I'm a monster!" Xavier yelled, "It's your fault I'll never be on the cover of TV Guide, it's your fault my future is in radio!" He threw Montana out of the way, and ran at Rita, knife in hand.

"You don't want to do this. Please." Rita whimpered.

"Yes, I do." Xavier grumbled, and lunged at her. Rita ducked just in time, and sprinted out of the cabin. "Get out of my way!" Xavier yelled at Montana and Laurie, pushing past them to chase after Rita.

Laurie's mouth opened and closed, not sure what to say or do. Should she go after Xavier, or stay?

Montana turned to Laurie, a wicked smile on her face, "Finally, we're alone. What do you say we go find Brooke?"

"I can't believe he hasn't killed her yet. I thought the Night Stalker would be better at night stalking." Laurie sighed, picking up the knife she was using earlier for protection. "I guess we'll have to instead."

"Phew, I was worried your little run-in with Jingles would mess you up." Montana grinned.

Then, as if on cue, Brooke ran into the cabin.

"Holy shit. Where have you been?" Montana exclaimed, unable to hide the smirk from her face.

"Are you dead, too? Is everyone in this whole fucking place dead?" Brooke yelled, taking a couple steps back in fear.

"Slow down. We're not dead." Montana frowned.

"I think I would know if I was dead." Laurie placed a hand on her hip in thought. "Wait, would I?"

"Well, he didn't. He was standing right here, and his head was right over there." Brooke cried.

"What are you talking about?" Montana snapped.