fourteen

Laurie glanced down at her outfit, sighing. She liked to pick out a nice outfit every day, even though she was dead and barely anyone would see it.

Today, she was wearing a white and mint green checkered tennis skirt, white collared shirt, and a matching mint green cardigan. She put on a white headband, long white socks, and tennis shoes, and looked at herself in the mirror.

Ever since she died, she felt so far away from reality. Everything she did, didn't feel like her, and she just felt empty. The only happiness she got was from killing people, dressing up, and Xavier.

Montana barged into the cabin, fuming. "We got Jingles. Come on, we're gonna kill him."

"Okay." Laurie said, smiling.

"That outfit just reminds me of how rich you used to be." Montana muttered as they trudged through the forest.

They entered a clearing, and Jingles was tied up from a tree, similar to the other day.

"Looks like big Mr Scary Jingles lost his scary." Montana yelled as they approached the group.

"You got to let me go! You don't know what you're doing!" Mr Jingles begged. Laurie stood next to Xavier, folding her arms. Xavier put his elbow on her shoulder, eyeing Jingles angrily.

"You fucking murdered me!" A ghost yelled at him.

"Ditto. You just turned me into a kabob!" Xavier yelled, "I might be dead, but I'm still traumatized."

"You had a chance to square up by asking your creepy-ass mom how we get out of here, but you couldn't even do that!" Laurie scoffed, flicking her hair over her shoulder.

"I'm sorry!" Mr Jingles yelled.

"Sorry? You stuffed me in an oven!" Xavier yelled back, storming up to the tied-up man. "I was gonna be an actor, not just on stage, on TV. I had two callbacks for The A-Team! I was about to break, make a life, build a legacy. Now, thanks to you, I'm just stuck up here being slowly forgotten. You have to pay for everything you've taken from me. From us!" Xavier finished, mostly gesturing to himself and Laurie.

"Oh, you're right. You want to kill me, torture me, I've got it coming." Mr Jingles said, "Do whatever you want to me, but first, please just let me kill Ramirez."

"No way. That dude's a dick. You kill him here, he stays here." Ray scoffed.

"And no one wants Satan's ball washer around for all of time." Laurie added with a small laugh at her own joke.

"If I don't trap his soul, if he leaves this camp, innocent people will die!" Jingles cried out.

"We were innocent once, too." Xavier said sadly.

"Yeah, all of us were." Chet said, "Well, except for Ray."

"Look at Lauren," Montana said, pointing to her, "Look at her face. Does that look like the face that would hurt anyone?"

"Yep." Ray coughed, and Laurie slapped his arm.

"My point is that we all had lives ahead of us." Montana said, "Don't you find it sad that none of us will get married or have children?"

"My son's gonna die!" Jingles pleaded.

"Boo-hoo." Xavier scoffed.

"He isn't like me. He's a good little boy. Why take everything that was taken from you from him? How does that make you any better than me?" Jingles said, "Bobby. His name is Bobby. And if Ramirez makes it out of this camp, he's gonna die in 24 hours."

Laurie's smile faded. She started to feel bad for him.

"Ramirez doesn't kill kids." Montana said confidently.