ten

Laurie stayed alert for the sake of Chet, and had a knife in her hand in case either the Night Stalker or Jingles came for them.

Quite a while had passed, and neither Xavier nor Trevor had returned. Laurie was getting nervous, and started imagining the worst.

"Hey Chet?" Laurie whispered, standing up.

"Yeah?" He answered weakly.

"I-I'm gonna go find Trevor and Xavier. They've been gone too long." Laurie pressed the scissors into Chet's hand. "Will you be okay?" Chet nodded, and gave her a small smile.

She exited the infirmary, and looked out into the forest. She had no idea where anything was, even in the daylight. Her muscles shook involuntarily in fear, and she clicked on her torch, focusing it on the sign to her left.

She followed the sign's directions to the kitchen, where Xavier would hopefully be, getting Bertie. Running through the forest, every sound was a murderer and every tree was someone dangerous waiting for her.

She breathed out as the kitchen came into view. She was about to run into the clearing, when a familiar sound filled her ears. 

It was the sound of keys jingling, which could only mean one thing.

"Shit." She muttered to herself, and looked around wildly to see where it was coming from.

The black figure was approaching her from her left. Laurie's heart dropped, and her eyes immediately filled with tears. He had already seen her, and the only thing she could do was run.

She didn't care where she was going, as long as it was away from him. Adrenaline coursed through her as she stumbled down a hill.

With too much momentum, she tripped over a root, and tumbled her way down the rest of the hill, her head hitting a rock at the bottom. She groaned and tried to lift her head, the earth spinning.

The sound of jingling got closer, until the black figure was hovering over her. "No." She mumbled, and sat up quickly, trying to kick her way away from him. He swung his knife at her leg in defence, and she yelped in pain as it made contact.

Laurie screamed as Mr Jingles plunged his knife into her shoulder. She kicked her legs, trying to get him away. His knife met her again, but this time at her ear.

Her cries filled the silent forest as Mr Jingles cut off her ear. "No!" She screamed, and one of her kicks hit him in the crotch.

Briefly, Jingles doubled over, and Laurie took her opportunity. She scrambled to her feet, and ran in the opposite direction.

She whimpered in pain as she half-limped, half-ran through the forest, clutching her shoulder. Hot tears steamed down her face as her body screamed in pain. It felt like a scorching hot iron had burnt her shoulder, leg and where her ear was supposed to be. Not to mention her head, which was pounding from her fall.

Blood dripped down her face and her leg, and her shirt was slowly turning red at her shoulder. Laurie almost cried in relief as she heard voices coming from the parking lot, and limped over to them.

A car was on fire, and a couple of her friends surrounded it. They all turned at the sound of her, expecting Jingles or the Night Stalker, but they all relaxed when they saw it was only Laurie.

Montana and Brooke sprinted over to her, worry filling their eyes. "What the fuck happened to you?" Montana threw her arms around Laurie.

"Jingles." She murmured, and the two girls helped her over to the group. She relaxed as she saw Xavier, who was swaying slowly on the spot, staring into the fire. Chet and Margaret were also there.