six

Xavier and Laurie went in the opposite direction to the others as they made their way to the kitchen with Chef Bertie.

"Alright, there isn't much to do here today. I want one of you mopping the floors and one of you making sandwiches for the kids for tomorrow."

"I'll mop." Laurie said quickly, as they sat down on the long bench.

"What will you be doing?" Xavier asked Chef Bertie.

"None of your beeswax." Bertie said with a cigarette hanging out of her mouth. She handed Laurie the mop and bucket and lined up piles of bread, peanut butter and jelly for Xavier. She left the pair and went into the kitchen.

"Do you even know how to mop?" Xavier teased as Laurie dipped the mop into the bucket.

"Do you even know how to make a sandwich?" Laurie scoffed in a poor attempt at a comeback.

"Yeah, probably better than you." Xavier shrugged and slapped two pieces of bread together.

"Fine, make me a pb&j and I'll be the judge of that." Laurie dropped the mop and sat on the edge of the table.

"Here," Xavier smirked, peeling the sandwich open and placing each piece on the sides of Laurie's face, so peanut butter and jelly smeared over her cheeks.

"Hey!" Laurie yelled, pushing Xavier's hands away. "I just showered!"

"So take another one. I can join you." Xavier smirked, wiping a bit of jelly off her face and licking his finger clean. Laurie let out a shaky breath and pushed the dirty thoughts out of her mind. To break the tension, Laurie grabbed the bucket of soapy water and tipped it over Xavier's head for payback.

"Lauren!" Xavier yelled loudly, and Bertie came bursting through the doors.

"What the hell is going on here?" She demanded, looking between the two.

"Uh..." Xavier started, but Bertie interrupted him. "I couldn't leave you alone for 10 minutes! Go get cleaned up, then come right back. I'm separating the two of you."

Xavier and Laurie walked back to the showers. "That jelly was really delicious. I might have some seconds." Xavier lent into Laurie and licked her cheek, making her giggle and push him away. When they arrived at the showers, Xavier pulled his shirt off, making Laurie involuntarily avert her eyes. She felt her cheeks burn as she blindly made her way to the taps and turned them on.

"Aren't you taking off your clothes, babe?" Xavier teased, and Laurie frowned at him, maintaining eye contact as best she could. He knew his teasing and flirting drove her wild, and seeing her all flustered and mad drove him wild.

"Shut up." Laurie grumbled, washing the peanut butter and jelly off her face.

"What's wrong?" Xavier approached her from behind. "Do I make you nervous?"

"No." Laurie lied, spinning around to face him.

"Liar." Xavier smirked, and placed his arm on the wall above her head, trapping her. Laurie had enough. She wanted him, right there and right then.

Xavier was taken aback when Laurie kissed him, but embraced it. There was so much desire and passion in the kiss, and Laurie felt like she was going to faint. One arm wrapped around Laurie's waist, and the other gripped the back of her neck as Xavier pushed her back against the wall.

Laurie's hands roamed his bare back as Xavier moved down to kiss her neck, sucking on her weak spot, which made her moan softly. He came back up to kiss her swollen lips, as his hand started to travel up her shirt.