chapter 1.

This is what the story once was. It wasn't well written, and the plot was weak. I haven't changed everything, but I'm rewriting this story, and picking up where this version left off, so if you read this version, you'll be okay to pick up where you left off currently left off in the next, but there are name changes, changes in appearance, setting, terminology. Please feel free to read this one and tell me what you think, or start reading the rewrite which is quite a few chapters ahead.

►►►

My eyes had never once left the screen for the past two hours, having been so captivated by the task. Yet I was still only a page and a half into the essay. My nostrils flared with fury, and only did I exhale my deep frustrated breath when I caught sight of my roommate Dalia glaring at me from the head of the bed. Both hands were on her hips.

She looked ready to leave the house. Her recently died blonde wild curls, complimenting in with her exotic features and subtle tan, were 'on point' as she'd say, and she was dressed and ready. She needed little makeup to look beautiful, her skin flawless and features strong enough to cope without being added to.

"Get up, Nolan," She ordered. She wasn't taking no for an answer today as it seemed. I groaned in protest, but little more did she react then the challenging arch of her eyebrow. Having failed to come up with a verbal response, I sighed, closing the lid of my laptop and putting it aside so that I could wipe away the covers from my legs and drop myself over the side of my bed.

"You're starting to worry me," She stated, finally shifting from the strong and unwilling position she'd been in whilst giving me her deadliest and most intimidating stare, "You've been on your laptop all day and there isn't even a single tissue in your waste basket." Dalia! I scolded in my head, my eyes expanding in her direction as I walked over to my desk to place my laptop upon it.

She rolled her eyes at me, approaching me so that she could force me to come to a halt by my shoulders, "As your best friend, it is my job to tell you this. You are incredibly boring and depressing and I think it's because of the lack of sex."

My jaw dropped to her words, and I stuttered out a failed response. "D-Dalia, I'm not dull or depressed. I'm working." Lately I'd been working on my essay that would go towards my internship, and it had consumed most of my time. I wanted to send mine in early before all the other applicants so that they'd see I was far more eager and dedicated to this then the other's, which would hopefully give me an advantage, despite my nerves that would most likely show through during my required interview.

"You've been working for five days straight. Working and studying, that's all your ever do."

"And that's exactly what you should be doing yourself," I told her in return, shaking myself out of her hold and heading towards my bedroom door.

I sensed her following me and groaned again. She obviously had a point to make and was not going to stop until she did exactly that. Persistent and annoying, as per. But I loved her so I guess I had to endure those qualities about her.

I padded my bare feet over to the small fitted kitchen area, opening my fridge and reaching for an energy drink.
She caught my wrist as I were about to open the can. "You're coming out with me tonight," She stated firmly, her eyes displaying challenge within them, as if daring me to say no, warning me of the consequences of doing so.

Fortunately, I'd been in this situation enough times to know that her brown orbs carried empty threats. "I am not go-"

"And before you starting protesting. No. You do not have a choice," She was folding her arms now, pursing her lips. Unfortunately, Dalia had a habit of getting things her way. Bitch, I muttered in my head caving in, putting my long needed energy drink back and before heading back to my bedroom, so that I could get out of my sweats and change into something suitable.