chapter 4.

Shits going down. Ima' let you read it and tell me what you think..

►►►

I told Dalia that the guy from the other night had apologized for bailing, and had asked if they could reschedule. I didn't like lying to her, but I had no other excuse to where I'd be at ten o'clock on a Monday night. Not only did she believe me, but she was over the moon that I was finally stepping out of my natural habitat - a.k.a my room - without her pushing me.

I kept telling myself that it was either lying to her face, or having her die on my account. Not only was I doing this for the guilt, but it was only human of me that I put my best friend first.

Plus it was only dinner, right? The plan was, meet up with the guy, drop the unnamed contents of the vile into his drink, and then lead him outside. Simple enough, right? Silas promised to take over from there, and then I was free of ever seeing him again.

Good. He may of saved my life, and I was ever so grateful for that, but I didn't like him. He was a bad person, not the sort I ever would interact with willingly.

He was killer, none the less. I didn't even want to imagine what he'd be doing with the man I'd be drugging later tonight. Was this man another psycho pervert- or was he just an innocent? Guilt swelled within me.

Dalia helped me get dressed, selecting my outfit from the stack of geek-wear, or as I liked to call 'all year winter casual'. When she finally approved of my clothing, she concealed my face a little and powdered my nose for whatever reason girls did so. Although I'd protested to wearing any sort of make up, I had to admit, I looked good.

Much like the other girl, I didn't need much, but that's only because my features were already enhanced, what with my pale complexion that caused my big blue eyes to appear more intense, and my lips to look a more bolder red. My dark hair didn't need to be touched, so I was ready to go. Not that I wanted to anyway.

I arrived at the restaurant. A fancier place then I'd been expecting for a kill to take place, and a lot more open. I walked through and asked the waiter of my reservation under the name "Saunders," and he told me my date had already arrived. Shit.

I was lead over to my table, and sitting at it was a man. He was dressed casually yet nicely. Outlining his jaw and covering his cheeks and chin was thick grey stubble. Combed back over his head, ending at the back in curls, was salt and pepper hair, which caused him to appear older, but looked like he was in his early forties.

A smile settled upon his lips when he came into view of me, and his eyes briefly scanned over me.

He seemed pleased, which lead me to hesitate.

"Nice to finally meet you, Mr Saunders," He replied, placing his elbow on the table and bringing the tip of his index finger to his lips.

I sat down without his assistance. I would have expected that on a date, yet I was glad that he stayed put, glad that he kept the distance between us as minimal as possible in such an intimate setting.

"Uh- you too," I mumbled, keeping my eyes down upon the white cloth covered table. Every time I snuck a glance up at the other I grew more frightened.

The waiter came back over, our table at it's full capacity, requesting our drink orders. He ordered champagne, and I ordered the same. I began to browse over the menu.

"Like anything on the menu?" He asked. When my eyes lifted from the page, they grew wider at him.

I was still unaware of his name, nor did I wish to know it, "You were pretty persistent on coming here.. Luckily, I couldn't resist you."

Sweet. But I couldn't help but notice the undertones of the other male's voice. Sneaky.

Before I make out a response, he leaned back in his chair and continued, never once taking his eyes off me, "You know, you're a lot shyer in person."

I blinked, unsure how to respond. I was doing something wrong, wasn't I? But I was determined to do this without fault. I mean, it's my friend's life on the line. I had no choice but to do this - which meant I had to be more confident with my words.

I gave a slight cough and allowed a smile to spread across my lips, "Sorry. I guess I'm just a little nervous."

He cocked an eyebrow my way, causing shivers to sent down my back and my limbs to shudder.

"You have nothing to be nervous about." This guy didn't know the half of it.

After our drinks came and we ordered our meals, we flowed into conversation. Well, a technically it was one sided. I slipped up far too many times for him to consider me socially apt, but little did it bother him. Well, technically, he was too wrapped up in his own track of thought to even process whatever I was saying.

His responses consisted of hums, grunts, chuckles and apologies before stating whatever compliment he could muster up. I felt highly uncomfortable.

Never had I ever been so grateful to see the sight of that damn waiter. I never spoke much with anyone else other then my family over the phone or Dalia. I tried asking this guy questions about himself, but the conversation was almost always sent straight back to myself. It was becoming frustrating.

We briefly tucked in to dinner. The other man wasn't exactly a messy eater, but he certainly didn't have proper table manors, and it bugged me.

After our first drink, then came another. And another. I kept suggesting refills. I wasn't sure my bladder could take any more, but my goal was to get the other to go to the bathroom. I decided to pause of my alcohol consumption. When he got up, that's when I'd pour the contents of the vile into the drink.

Hopefully he wouldn't be able to trace a peculiar scent before he swallowed. Considering the vile was so small, I was assuming that one swallow would be enough to "drunken" the other. And then I'd be free.

"You nearly finished? I was thinking that you and I could get out of here early. You know, skip to the good bit," A smirk tugged at the other's lips, and my brows furrowed with uncertainty, "You still eager to uh..?" He trailed off of his words, a chuckle substituting his words.

Shit. This was not going to plan. Would I have to go with him? And do whatever I was supposedly eager to do? Or would Silas kill me before I even had the chance to exit for not going forth with the plan. Either way, I was almost certain I'd be ending up like that corpse. FUCK.

"Two seconds," He got up. I glanced over at his seat, and saw that his coat was still hanging off the back of the chair. My suddenly heavy panting had eased, and a relieved smile spread further across my lips as I watched the man walk in the direction of the men's room.

But I wasn't ready to be relieved. No, not until the task was done. I reached into my pocket, and retrieved the vile. I slid the small cap off, leaning over the table so that I could empty the liquid into the other's almost empty glass. I quickly disposed of the vile from sight, and awaited the other man's return.

He was about five minutes. And he wore a charming grin as he came further towards me, "Are you ready to go?"

My eyes widened for a split second, but then I shook my head, "-Uh, no." When I saw his happy expression fade, I took it as encouragement to reason my rejection, "Can't let a good drink go to waste.. Plus, uh.. you know what I wanna' do.. remind me what you wanna' do?"

The grin revived itself, and the man sat back down onto his seat. "Well first," He leaned in a little, putting me on edge. I stayed put, though I was tempted to draw back, "I'd start by taking off your.."

I zoned out, gulping. I didn't want to listen to what he had to say. Frankly, I'd already been disturbed enough by the corpse in that image Silas had shown me. It had made itself present in my head whenever I closed my eyes to sleep, dimming my creative flow that usually sparked whenever I tried to go to sleep.

My gaze fell to the cup. I quickly glanced back up. The man still had that smirk upon his face. There were cruel intentions behind it. They spoke to me louder then the words coming from his lips.

I saw movement in the man's fingers, that slowly gripped around the cup, lifting it to his lips. I found relief when the other stopped talking, but my heart pounded faster as he drained the last of the contents of the glass.

"Aren't you going to finish your drink?" He finally said, gesturing his head towards the only glass half full.

I forced a smile to come to my lips, which only brightened the other's, before sipping upon my own glass. I'd done it. I'd done what had been asked of me. Now all I had to do was get out of here with him and allow Silas to take over.

We both got out of our seats and we began walking in the direction of the door. The man's had was upon my lower back, and I tensed under the control of his hold upon me, steering me towards the exit. The moment was far too intense for me to feel a sense of victory.

Finally we were both out on the City Streets, and he began walking me away from the restaurant. Okay so.. now what? Shit, what if we were walking in the wrong direction? What if Silas had wanted me to walk this man to the back of the restaurant. Was I messing this up? I was unsure, and the uncertainty was killing me.

I began to cough. My throat was killing me, yet I'd drank enough to satisfy my thirst only seconds ago. A sickening feeling made itself present in my stomach. I supposed it was because of the food, but the feeling was ten times worse then being full.

"Are you alright, there?" The man asked, coming to a halt. I glanced up at him and saw that there was a gleam within his eyes. No concern, nor the slightest bit of interest in my well being. Something wasn't right, and it wasn't just the feeling in my belly.

I nodded my head, "I guess it was that dessert. Meat and chocolate don't exactly mix together very well." The first thought to come to my mind was Dalia making a dirty joke out of that, which allowed my next laugh to appear more convincing.

"Or could just be the poison you consumed," The man suggested. Immediately my expression faded and my jaw dropped. I wasn't sure how to respond in return, and before I could think of anything to say, the man spoke for me, walking closer, forcing me to back down the side of the restaurant building, in between another building that seemed to be out of business,

"You know we have a keen since of smell, us hounds, and we've grown used to the tricks the walkers try and pull on us. Next time you should probably make sure which glass you pick up." Holy fucking shit.

I began stepping back faster, in hopes of escape, but before I could go any further, he reached for me by my neck, gaining a firm hold upon me, then slammed me hard into a wall. My feet were lifted off of the ground, yet I was too drunk with fatigue to fight back.

"Let me know who put you up to this, and I'll show you what I really want to do with you before I kill you," Though it was dark, I could sense his snarl. His tone had grown deeper, that his words were spoken in almost a growl, but before I could say anything, both our attention was grasped.

"Oh- I believe that would be me," Silas interjected, a pleasant smile upon his lips, "Please. Don't stop on my account. I'm intrigued to know exactly what it is your kind find pleasure in. Other then rolling over and scratching each other's hairy bellies, that is."

I was dropped onto the floor, hitting it hard, hissing to the overwhelming pain that came with my head slamming against the stone floor. I was too busy vomiting my guts out onto the ground to hear what the 'hound' said in return. I wasn't following the conversation to begin with, but boy was I glad to hear Silas' voice.

I glanced back up to view what was going on. Silas stood in a position as if he were ready to launch at the man, his golden eyes glowing, providing enough light to view his altered features. He was snarling back at the man viciously, extended canines threatening the other. In his hand was the blade I'd seen him kill the first man with. The yellow orbs provided enough like to see the other transformation too. The man's torso expanded his clothes, stretching them at the seams till they were upon the floor.

Displayed before me was no longer a human sight, but a beast like monster, it's skin a shade of red not quite dark enough to be considered red, it's muscles larger then I've ever known possible. The face of the man, charming and suave, was no longer there but before me was a long snout and long sharp teeth.

Silas went at the ferocious animal without a sense of fear, attacking it with all his force and might, but judging by the size difference I doubted he'd have any chance against him, even if he was armed.

A large paw swept Silas back, sending him staggering till he hit the floor, but it seemed even after his transformation into his animalistic features, as appose to the handso—— human ones, it seemed that a playful grin remained on his lips.

When the large clawed paw reached out for him once more, Silas ducked down and rolled out of reach, swiftly slicing his blade into the beast's torso during his escape of attack. It barely did much damage though as the cut was barely deep. More of a graze.

The creature turned, this time succesfully grabbing at Silas and flinging him back to the other side of the building. I watched the man's back contort, and from his lips was a cry of pain. That was the first hint of vulnerability I'd seen in Silas, yet he remained strong and ready for battle. It commensed, yet my attention was distracted by the clammering of metal against stone. The dagger was out of my reach but close.

Silas pushed himself off the wall and leaped at the creature, and with one swift blow of his first, it was sent backwards. And towards me, although the space between myself and what was once a man increased as the furious hound took it's steps back towards Silas.

Though he remained strong, I knew that unarmed, he wouldn't be able to through with this, and he'd get hurt. No- killed. If I had any sense now -or if I wasn't too poisoned to do so- I'd run. But I couldn't exactly leave the man who saved me from being skinned alive.. I considered tossing the blade towards him so that he could slay the beast with it, but instead that would only draw attention to myself. It would be launching itself towards me before Silas could even get his hands on it.

The fight went on, and I took this as an opportunity to crawl myself over to the dagger. I was weak, yet I continued on. Determined to go forth with the insane plan I'd come up with. I was regretting it more and more the nearer I came to the blade.

I reached out for it, and soon I found that it was it was obtained in my shaky hold. Yes! But I was done yet.

Back and forth, one attack after another, as if they were taking turns in hurting the other, as if each time they were injured, it triggered a shot of adrenaline through them, forcing themselves to go at the other once more. The fight was heavily violent and chaotic, and I was hesitant to go near.

I got myself up off the ground, my vision all of a sudden blurry. The dagger wasn't large, nor too heavy, yet it required both my hands to pick it up off the floor and hold out in front of me. With every step I took, I swayed, but yet I regained enough balance to take another.

The beast was flung towards me, and I stumbled backwards. Luckily, it hadn't noticed me, and launched itself forward at Silas again. I had to do this. If Silas managed to escape this, he'd kill me for failing my task, for proving myself unworthy of his trust. Dalia too, he wouldn't hesitate to snap her neck too.

The thought of Dalia getting hurt had caused a fire to start within me, fueling me with just enough anger to strengthen me and gain me a rush of thrill that might to push me towards the beast. I was running towards it, not fast, but running none the less. I lifted both my arms, allowing the dagger to rise up in the air before thrusting the blade down upon the other man's back, sinking deep into him.

A cry of sheer pain escaped it's mouth. When I pulled the dagger back out, the animal had reduced. It had not fallen to it's knees, but it had altered into a weaker state. Blood poured out onto myself, the dagger leaking the beast's contents down my wrists, covering me in him the deep red substance. The man appeared muscular and strong, but he was in a state in which he could not carry himself in, much like my own.

Silas came forwards towards the man, and I was given a sense of pride, but unfortunately I was passed out on the floor before I could see him go forth with snapping the other's neck, finishing the kill.

►►►

So that happened. Please vote if you liked the chapter and tell me what you think in the comments!