chapter i [rewrite]

[ Hey! I'm so excited to finally be re-releasing Eye of the Alpha! It's a revamped story, but still the same as before in terms of plot, just a little more complex and planned. Names have changed, characters have changed and so have a few other things, but it's not too different! Honestly, I think you guys will like this version a lot better. And if you're eagerly waiting for what happens NEXT rather than what you've read before, I'm picking up where the previously written version of the story left off and getting there a lot faster! For now, enjoy what I have for you:) If you spot any 'Rory's than it's Beau! Sorry, I went through a name changing process. ]

►►►  

She'd been there for an hour. The first time he'd caught a glimpse of the stare, he'd assumed she were looking through him, perhaps stuck in a deep track of thought due to the stress of the day. But she kept staring, and her eyes moved as he did. Beau was hesitant to go over and ask if she needed anything, but after all, that's what he was getting payed to do.

"You alright there?" He asked, collecting the mugs and such off the table, placing them on a small round black tray, his eyes only occasionally glancing up, becoming too uncomfortable under her watch to cope.

"Haven't I seen you somewhere?" She asks, tilting her head a little to the side, lifting a dark brow. She had tan skin, deep dark features. She was gorgeous, though something about her was menacing – playfully, though.

An almost embarrassed smile made its way onto his lips. "Are you attending the local University?"

She looked around Beau's age, perhaps a couple years older than his nineteen, but still in the age group of a Uni student.

Her smile widened and her expression softened, relieving Beau somewhat. "Must be it."

Beau nodded back in return politely, giving her a soft smile. He'd never seen her before, but felt rude mentioning it. It wasn't a big place, but it wasn't as if he could memorise every face. He was almost flattered that his own stood out, assuming that it was for the right reasons.

"It's the eyes," She added, leaning back in her seat, gazing at him, "They're odd, but they're gorgeous."

His face became hot and his golden eyes widened. They weren't bright by any means, a light hazel colour if anything, but it wasn't a common colour. "Uh – can I get you anything?" He asks, trying to move the topic off himself. He was flushing awkwardly. He was flattered, but embarrassed.

"Just another black coffee," She leaned forward slowly and lifted her mug towards him. He placed it upon the tray and gave her one last subtle smile before walking back behind the counter.

"I don't like her."

Beau almost dropped his tray when he'd heard the voice from behind him. It tipped a little to the side and he dropped a single spoon.

"I got it," Claimed Dahlia who bent down and picked up a spoon for him, placing it back on his tray and greeting him with a sweet smile, bright and loveable.

"You're not allowed back here, you're gonna' get me in trouble," Beau claimed, walking through to the kitchen in the back. Like always, she followed him in. His boss had mentioned her a few times, though whenever he was in her presence he was as mesmerized by her beauty as most were. She had dark curly hair surrounding her pretty face, darker skin than the girl he'd seen, silkier too. Dahlia was a cute girl with a personality that shone. Even his eyes couldn't compete with that.

"What did she want?" She asked, leaning against the metal counter surface as he put mugs and saucers into the sink.

Beau looked at her from the side and gave her a smirk, "She complimented my eyes."