chapter 3.

I hope your enjoying the story:) It's probably a bit darker then most boyxboy stories but I promise that the relationship between the two mains will start developing into something more romantic soon. Enjoy:)

►►►

I nervously awaited my friend's return. I'd left work early today without giving Jen any notice whatsoever, but judging our working history I was counting on her to cover for me.

I'd sent about six texts, and called her about twenty something times. I wished she'd just pick up, give me some sort of relief so that I didn't have to worry about her going off on a date with a guy related to a killer. Or perhaps he did killing himself.. his brother sure made it sound like he did.. Fuck, who did I let my roommate go out with?!

So I get stuck with a fifty-three year old pedophile who likes to skin people and she gets put with a seductive assassin.. somehow her end of the deal sounds better, but terrifying none the less.

Finally, an hour after my last call, my phone rings. But it's not from Dalia. It's an unknown number. I am hesitant to pick up, but do so anyway. I bite my lip as I anticipate the voice on the other end, "I just stopped by work to see you and Jen told me that you freaked out and left. Are you oka- Oh, I'm calling from Kaleb's phone. He's super fre.."

I stopped listening just so that I could be relieved that my friend wasn't dead, and that she was somewhere familiar. But she was still with Kaleb and that put me on edge.

From what she was telling me, he didn't exactly sound like a murderer, but I wasn't exactly going to take my chances.

"I had a panic attack today at work and needed to go home and rest.. I just-" I wasn't sure if I could tell her what happened. At least not over the phone anyway. Wait, who was I kidding? Of course I needed to tell her if she was dating someone related to a psycho!

Or maybe she wasn't. I began to reconsider my thoughts about the man.. oh, what was his name. I thought back to last night, where I'd first heard that thick British accent. Silas.

Silas had appeared to be a gruesome killer upon our first.. "encounter", but now, I wasn't so sure. I remained terrified of him. I saw what he could do, but there was no denying the fact that I would probably be a skinned corpse if it weren't for him.

I owed my life to this man.

"I'm coming home," Dalia stated, hanging up without even giving me a split second to reply, as if I were even going to refuse.

She arrived home about ten minutes later. I was in the living area when I heard voices at the door. Was she saying bye to Kaleb? Had he taken her home? My new found compassion towards Silas had suddenly earned his brother my respect. Maybe I shouldn't put my trust in this guy so easily.

"Oh my god, are you okay?" She dropped her purse on the couch and leaned down to give me a hug. I was surrounded by a soft cotton blanket and my study folder was at my side on the couch. I'd intended to study but I found that I couldn't because I was so wrapped up in what had happened earlier on.

I nodded my head and gave her a soft smile, "Yeah, I'm fine. Just a little tired that's all."

"Will Chinese food make it all better?" She offered, her challenging brow arching at me, once again daring me to refuse.

I rolled my eyes at her before eventually nodding, "Yes. Chinese food will make it a lot better."

"Thought so," She replied with a smug grin before getting herself out of her jacket and going over to the house phone so that she could call up the chinese place. She'd written the number on the wall by it, along with other essential number's such as her own, mine, her mother's and 911 - like anyone was gonna' forget that.