chapter 5.

Finally I'm putting out another update! I've been working on this one for a while because I couldn't seem to find the right way to execute this, but now I'm happy with this. I didn't want Nolan to stray from his human instincts for the sake of romance blossoming and I wasn't going to have Silas change himself for another. Hopefully you'll see strength in Nolan and find heart elsewhere in the story. Enjoy :)

►►►

I let out a gasp for breath once my body gained consciousness, though my head was yet to wake. I turned my head from side to side, allowing it to endure the comfort from the softness that it was surrounded by, feeling as if I were sinking into a cloud. Minutes after allowing myself that brief moment of comfort, my eyes snapped open and I bolted upwards.

I was upon a bed. I looked down upon myself. Same clothes, thankfully, though the blood was washed from my fingers and I felt fresh. Well, fresher then I had been. I no longer felt plagued with drowsiness or drunk with fatigue, the lids of my eyes felt like anchors no more.

But something wasn't right. I looked to my right. A window. It overlooked the familiar sight of my town, only far more beautiful than ever. The moon remained present up in the sky, so I presumed my slumber had gone on until early morning hours. Where was I?

I slid my legs over the side of the bed, discovering that my feet were bare when they met the cool flooring of this simple yet wonderfully furnished bedroom. From what the moonlight allowed me to see, there were paintings hanging up upon the walls. If I hadn't been so scared, I would have taken the time to admire then. I tiptoed over to the door, cautious to be heard.

What kind of kidnapper puts you in a bed? The kind that drugs you after you'd been used. Although I didn't feel like I had been. I mean, I was fully dressed, wasn't I? But that could mean anything.

The door was open just enough to allow me to peek into the next room, only a small gap but enough to see a living room, dimly lit only from the moonlight that I presumed shone from another window in the house.

"Nolan?"

I heard my name being called in that thick British accent, and I almost stumbled a few steps back. I'd let out a startled gasp and my heart was racing frantically, but what had eventually put me at ease was the gentleness to the tone in which my name was spoken in. But that feeling of ease didn't last for very long. I remembered everything.

What was it that I had seen? Such horrific disturbing sight, an experience one would wish to forget. If it weren't for being so intoxicated with the poison I'd supposed to put in the other male's drink, I wouldn't have been so mentally stable now.

Never the less, I opened the door further and stepped out into the living room. I looked to my right again and as I'd presumed, there was a large window to the wall. Silas stood in front of it, his face consumed by shadows as it was directed towards me, though.

The light just hit me perfectly. Oh great.

Silas' eyes had begun to burn, a fiery yellow colour that glowed far brighter then the moon behind him or the lights of the town. My entire body stiffened and my hands clenched into fists. As soon as the other had taken the slightest hint of a step forward, I cried, "-don't."