chapter 7.

"Get to know me?"

Silas looked at me with such an expression that appeared annoyed. He averted his gaze from my own and the situation became awkward. "I wasn't exactly expecting you to say yes anyway."

"No, of course not. I think I made it perfectly clear that I want nothing to do with you. Good guy or not."

I felt a little bad, but I wasn't about to change my opinion just because I now knew his intentions. He was doing good for the world, yes, and it had somehow benefited myself, but killing was still killing and I wasn't about to condone it.

"Okay. That's fine," He sounded as if he really wanted to change the subject now, clearly uncomfortable.

"I just don't understand what's going on here..."

"Nothing. I was just wondering if you were open to the opportunity of being friends."

"I get that, but why? You literally wanted to kill me five nights ago."

"I was never actually going to kill you, I just wanted to scare you a little into helping me," Silas pointed out, seconds later realising that his words were not helping his case one bit, "Anyway. I... I don't know... I... You seem like a nice person..."

Really? I mean, I'm not a bitch, but up until now I haven't exactly been very friendly with him. But then again I had a very good reason to act the way I did and I didn't take back any of it.

Well, most of it.

"Um... I'm sure you are too... aside from the whole... killing thing."

"I think now would be around the right time to end this conversation, don't you?"

I didn't even need to respond. The both of us were obviously done with this awkward conversation. I surely was. Socializing has never been my forte but this is by far the worst talk I'd ever been apart of.

I let out a sigh of relief when I left the coat room. For whatever reason, I was glad to have returned to the company of all those people, and as it seemed, so was Silas.

We gained a few questionable looks from the other party guests. I blushed instantly, though few people actually did notice us leaving the room together.

I scanned the party for Dalia and Kaleb. After that conversation, I doubted a bit of chatting with all the other people in the party with Dalia by my side could be any worse. Unfortunately for me, she was nowhere to be seen.

"Hey, Silas, you don't happen to know where Dalia and your brother could have gone?"

"The men's room, the ladies room. Even out back if they're feeling adventurous."

I looked over my shoulder to glare back at Silas of whom' wore a pleased expression until he saw the one displayed upon my own face. "It was a joke..." He added in a quieter tone.

Before I could respond further, suddenly a loud crash was to be heard, sounds of shattering, along with noises of surprise and overly dramatic gasps coming from the other side of the room.

When my eyes headed in the direction of the source of the voices, more reactions seemed to join until the entire room was a chorus of commotion and screams.

What was once a soothing peaceful atmosphere, serene and sophisticated has now turned to absolute chaos.

Silas and I exchanged a brief glance before the two of us started heading in the direction in which the other party guests were headed in. What was going on? My mind immediately jumped to the conclusion that Dalia's absence was somewhat involved in the people's cries. My worry increased, which overpowered the feeling of making my way through the people.