chapter 2.

Hey guys! Hope you're enjoying the story so far! I promise it'll get better then this very soon, as things are about to get exciting:3 Please vote if you liked it and comments telling me what you think will be thoroughly appreciated:) <3

►►►

I woke up with my face buried within Dalia's curls, and found myself suffocated within them. I sat up in bed, which managed to wake up my roommate who groaned behind me. "Next time go sleep in your own bed," I told her, wiping my face clean of sleep in attempt at waking myself up. Not going so well so far as my vision remained blurry.

I sensed Dalia get out of bed and pad her way over to the door in just her underwear, "Remind me how I got a hangover, even though we were at the club less then an hour?" She glanced over her shoulder at me, coming to halt at the door, eyebrow raised in question. She then just shrugged it off and continued making her way out of my room, "I'm making coffee. If you want some, you better start talking."

Talking. Great. I groaned, allowing myself to collapse back onto my bed, my head sinking into the pillow. I brought my covers over me and sighed heavily. I was in no mood to talk.

I tried thinking over the previous night's happenings. What I remembered was me taking shots, and then going onto the dance floor with Dalia. Then everything just stopped, as if there were no other significant memories from that night.

Guess I'd been stood up then. It wasn't exactly the nicest thing to hear, but I guess I felt relieved that I didn't have to go through with the whole dating process anyway. Definitely not my thing.

Dalia returned to the room, two coffee mugs in her hands. She placed one upon the bedside table, and brought the other to her lips, holding it within both hands now.

I sat up myself, so that I could indulge in the hot substance, most likely to get me out of my sleepy haze. When Dalia was done sipping, she gave a refreshing 'ah' before finally speaking up again,

"So. How did it go last night? Seemed like you were eager to get out of there."
She'd been far drunker then I'd been, yet she remembered w hat I'd been like towards the end of the night. What little sense this made. Perhaps I was more effected by alcohol due to my little experience in the state of intoxication.

I picked up my coffee mug, taking a long warm sip that reminded me of the fiery shot that had sent flames down my throat and warmed up my body. I shrugged.

"I guess he bailed on me," I replied, my expression neutral and subtle, "How about you? Any luck last night?"

Her face seemed to light up to the question, "Well, actually. I just checked my phone and was pleasantly surprised to find that I'd given that cute guy from last night my number. He texted me wondering if I wanted to go to coffee with him this morning."
I gave a subtle smile, genuinely happy for her, although I thoroughly doubted some guy she met at a bar had the intention to date her, rather then screw and ditch, but it wasn't like I knew anything about that sort of thing anyway so I shut up and smiled.

"So are you going to see him?" I asked, taking another sip of my coffee, my intrigue perked.

Dalia squinted her eyes, averting her gaze as she gave herself time to think the offer over, before finally coming to a conclusion, "Yeah. Why not, right? I have nothing better to do on a Sunday."

My smile grew, but not for long. Wait, Sunday?! I leaped out of bed, almost causing Dalia to spill coffee upon herself, "Shit. I gotta get to work." Getting up too quickly managed to hurt my head, but I ignored the ache and went straight for the bathroom.