Chapter 2

A few days later . . .

I'm so happy that my job changed my hours last Friday . I was now getting off work at three in the afternoon instead of my usual eleven at night. That made my eight hours go by so much faster. I exited Northgate mall and entered the parking lot heading to my 2014 Jeep Compass. I had gotten it as a late birthday gift to myself last summer and the five hundred dollars a month car note was worth it.

As I got in the car, my iPhone began ringing with a text message notification.

Amir 👫✊ 3:03 pm: wya bubby?

Me 3:03 pm: We talked about that name 😩👊😓

Amir 👫✊ 3:04 pm: 😑 you gone tell me wya or ?...

Me 3:04 pm: You already know . Omw home. What's up snuck?

I cracked up laughing because I knew he was going to have a fit. He acted so hard, but I knew him better. Me and his mother who helped me come up with it sophomore year, loved to see Amir act so childish just like the name we picked. Perfect fit. He was taking to long to text me back so I started up my car and began my fifteen minute journey home.

As I pulled up, the older boys in my neighborhood were throwing around a football with my immediate neighbor Drew who sold drugs. We were really cool because his son comes over often times after school to play with my niece. All my neighbors were cool and it remained safe for the children to play because the boys made sure they moved light with their activities. They were all eye candy but they lacked anything special due to the fact that they all did the same thing... Stand outside all day. As I got out of the car Amir stepped out of his 2015 Charger that was parked on the street and followed me to the door. Amir often does some of the same dealings as Drew but he moves by himself and remains discreet while receiving more money than Drew also and he makes it his business to keep me out of his business. He calls it keeping me safe.

" Yo you talk so much shit, Bub. You lucky I'm having a good day. " he said with a nonchalant smirk on his face.

"Stop calling me Bub before I jaw you SNUCK ! " I said with emphasis as I got the door opened and moved down the hall way to my room. Before I could get the door open I felt a hard pop to my neck followed by immediate stinging.
"Keep playing and I'm gone call yo mama! Remember what happened last time," I laughed off the last part.

"That don't scare me! Put some clothes on so we can leave. You smell like shoe polish!"

I ignored his remark because he was more than likely right, while I gave Amir the stank eye. I walked over to my closet and picked out some clothes for the kind of sunny Friday and grabbed my Passion Struck body wash by Victoria's Secret. I showered for about twenty minutes while listening to K. Michelle's new album. After my mini jam session singing my heart out, I went back to my room while Amir went to sit in the living room while I got ready.

For my outfit I decided on an oversized off the shoulder mint green Victoria's Secret sweater paired with dusk grey leggings and my UGG boots. I put my hair in a pineapple bun on top of my head and added Lilac revlon lip lacquer. I grabbed my keys, phone, and my matching mint green shoulder bag and met Amir in the living room.

He led the way to his car and as I was opening the passenger door, the football from earlier hit the fence behind me. Even though I was startled, I picked up the ball and looked up to see who'd thrown it. What caught my eye was more than I expected... Or should I say who . He was light skin with light brown eyes, thick eyebrows, two of the deepest dimples I'd ever seen and the cutest smile with his low cut caesar haircut that looked like he'd just stepped out of the chair. I eyed him for a few seconds admiring his black True Religion T-shirt that fit him snug but not too tight along with bleached True Religion jeans and black low top old skool vans. I wasn't ashamed for staring, because he was equally eyeing me too, but he happened to speak first.

A smile graced his lips causing his dimples to sink in, "Sorry, mama," he said in the cutest raspy voice ever, followed by him biting his bottom lip. He looked and sounded just like J. Cole.

"Your fine," I said as I walked the ball over to him, not wanting to embarrass myself. I sucked at any sport.

He met me half way saying sorry again, as I turned and walked away. I got into the car smiling as I put my seat belt on. Amir only chuckled as he pulled off. I needed to see this boy again. Looking like he did, it only seemed necessary. Knowing my shy demeanor, I probably wouldn't even speak.

Amir in M/M