Chapter 20

Manny

I was headed inside the club with my partner Drew. We just wrapped up business with a club owner that made promises to make me and drew richer. We had to come out to celebrate, it was only right. Everything was going good and staying afloat. As I made it to the bouncer I got a call from Trinity.

I listened intently thinking she pocket dialed me, till I realized who she was talking to. I knew she was scared, but I'm happy she played it smart on her end. He could've taken advantage of her fear of him. I calmed myself once I knew she made it out of there safe and tried calling her back once I got inside the club. She wouldn't answer, I hoped she was in VIP by now. I hate that he keeps playing with her like this. She ain't weak, or gullible but he playing her for the fool.

I put my phone in my pocket scoping the scene. I peeped Amir in the corner on him somebody, so I knew my baby was here. I tapped drew and we both went to the stairs to the VIP section. When I was two steps away, somebody bumped me hard. Before I could react dude spoke up.

"My bad man. You good? My clumsy ass don't need no problems," he said with his hand out. He seemed off the way his reflexes moved so I shook it off.

"Understood," I said shaking his hand and keeping it pushing. I scanned the crowd and went to check the booths off to the side. There I found my baby tucked in the corner on her phone. Drew went and sat in the other section.
I slid in the booth next to her and she looked up suddenly and buried her face inbetween my arm and chest hugging me. I been to three clubs looking for my baby and I wasn't letting her outta my sight till I knew she was alright.

---------------------------------------
Omniscient

Trinity was overwhelmed with emotion as she hugged Manny. She was sitting in that booth by herself wondering if her wanting attention and affection so badly was the cause of Marcel tripping out. She couldnt understand. She chose who she wanted to be with and Marcel was messing with her for it.
If Amir knew that Marcel was doing this, he'd probably flip.u

Manny on the other hand was simmering and every time Marcel did something to bother Trinity, it'd only bring him closer to a boiling rage. He didn't want to alarm her, but since day one he wanted to knock Marcel off the map. It's guys like him, that get the time of a real girl and have no idea how to treat her. Manny always played it cool, but secretly he was waiting for his chance to meet Marcel. He wanted to rid Trinity of Marcel for good. He'd never let her know that. As he cuddled her, he knew she was waiting for the perfect time to cry. She was like that. He noticed a while ago. She held things in until she was forced to let it out.

As the couple hugged, Leshae, Ann and Janel made their way over to check on Trinity .

"Cousin you okay? we got yo msg and went to the bathrooms, but you wasn't there. We been running wild looking for you. Amir checking the parking lot," Janel said laughing a little at Amir's dramatics.

"You can go home if you not having fun. I'll leave with Twanny, Janel, and Marco. Ann leaving with Amir," Leshae said smirking.

"Thanks Yall. I need to head home anyways. Yall this manny by the way and manny those are my cousins Ann, Leshae , and Janel." Trinity pointed out.

"Nice to meet you ladies," he said giving a wide grin showing his dimples.

They all exchanged greetings before Trinity and manny got up to leave. She hugged her cousins and made her way out of the club with her man.

On her way out, she handed drew the keys to mannys mustang and the couple left together in mannys Porsche.

Throughout the ride, Trinity remained paranoid looking in her mirrors. Marcel bumped up to another level when he followed her to the restroom. He was becoming a burden, an uncomfortable one at that. He was tap dancing on her nerves.