Chapter 9

Trinity
The following afternoon

It was a little after twelve and Manny had left around ten when he got another of those phone calls. My phone was blowing up from Ann, Leshae, and Janel after I told them what happened yesterday.

I didn't feel as bad as I did last night after Manny let me talk about it. I was still a little let down knowing that Marcel thought that he could talk to me like some regular dummy. He actually thought the stuff he was saying was going to get me back. Wrong.

I sighed as I got out of bed and made it up. As I threw the last pillow in place my front door opened. Amir and Pretty walked down the hall and plopped on my freshly made bed. I looked at Amir and smiled as I decked his ass in his chest.

"fuck is yo problem?" He said rubbing his chest.

"So you was spying on me for Marcel all those years?" It was at most two years but so what.

He sucked in his bottom lip, something he did when his mom scolded him, "who told you that?"

"The devil himself. Why you ain't tell me?" I asked pouting a little.

"Cause I thought it wasn't my place and you so cold hearted. I didn't want this to happen." He pointed at my stance.

"That sounds crazy. What is up with you niggas? The truth hurts, but I coulda got over it," I mugged a little. "What yall here for?"

"We came on Kai's behalf, but I would not mind watching you beat his ass," Pretty spoke up being the idiot that he is.

"What did Kai need?" I asked ignoring his antics.

"He having a function tonight, and he want you to come. He was gone stop by, but he busy getting the stuff together."

"I'll see. If I feel like going then it's good." I said plopping down between them.

I knew Amir wouldn't be saying anything for a while because he felt guilty. Even though he was an asshole and came off hard, he could never take me being the slightest bit angry with him.

"Well we bouta go. I gotta make sure my bitches gone be in the party," Pretty said getting up with Amir following his lead.

"Alright, lock the door on yo way out." I said feeling myself yawning.

"Aight," Pretty said leaving out with Amir trailing him.

------------------------------
Four hours later...

I woke up to my phone buzzing. I picked it up and placed the phone on my ear as I still laid down.

"Hello," I asked trying to sound awake.

"Trinity wake the fuck up and come get this door," Ann's obnoxious voice hollered before the phone beeped telling me she hung up.

I got up and walked down the hall. I opened the door and walked lazily back to my room dropping face first onto the bed.

"People is in here sleep," Leshae said sitting down.

"No people need to wake they game up," Ann said flicking on the light.

"You was tired?" Janel said smiling.

"I had that sleep where you don't know you sleep till somebody wake you up," I said mugging Ann on the last part.

We all laughed as I sat up rubbing my eyes.

"It's only one reason yall fake ass is here. It's a party and yall wanna go." I said matter of factly.

"Well since you know, get up and let's go to the mall," Ann said doing a little dance.

I swear I wasn't in the mood but knowing them, I was more than likely going anyway.