Chapter 12

Trinity
A week later..

I was at work on cloud nine. I had been having a good week. Manny was constantly sending me these wack pick up lines. I was dying of laughter at his last message. As soon as I put my phone down, he sent another msg.

MannyGetDaPanties 💦👅🙊😩👑 2:55pm: Roses are red violets are blue, when you get off work come sho me what that mouf do.

I died laughing at my register.

Me 2:57pm: bruuuuh 😩😭😭😭 get tf off my phone before I block you 👋!

MannyGetDaPanties 💦👅🙊😩👑2:58pm: 😂 chill gurl... I got a idea💡

Me 2:58pm: what is it ?😬

MannyGetDaPanties 💦👅🙊😩👑 2:59pm: you'a find out soon enough. Now get home 👋.

I scrunched my face up at his message trying to rack my brain. He'd been dropping hints like these for the last few days. I really don't know what he's thinking up in that big ass head , but I was bound to know soon.

I clocked out of the work computer and cleaned up the station. I waited on my coworker to come in and proceeded home.

I thought of Amir and how he's really been keeping him and my cousin a secret. I laughed inwardly because I'd do the same. We were so much alike.

On the other hand, Manny's been making time for us to get to know each other completely. Our conversations are genuine and he's been so patient about Marcel even calling my phone. He's just so different. The way he talks and carries himself is on a whole different bracket. I figured it would bother him but he handles it with the most confidence.

As I pulled up to my house, I hopped out yawning. There was a huge teddy bear blocking my front door. He had on a tux with a top hot and there was a card in the jacket pocket. I was so giddy as I pulled it out to read:

For our first date,
I wanted it to be special like you are to me,
To be honest..
Lil mama , you every thing I wanted my dream girl to be,
I'll let you be my queen if you king me...

I know it's corny, but get dressed and wear something nice and meet me at our spot by 8. Don't be late.

- ya baby

I was cheesing so hard as I made my way inside thinking of what he was up to. This would be our first official date and I didn't how it was going to go because I was so nervous. I had no idea where our secret spot was, but I'm sure we'd be there regularly once I saw it.

I was thinking up an outfit as I say with my face in my hands. Then it came to me. I walked into my closet and picked out a white crop top with spaghetti straps, a high waist skirt with tropical green leaves, white one strap heels and a black clutch. I laid everything out on the chair in my room and took off my shoes and pants. I needed to nap first. I set my alarm on my phone for five thirty and crashed.

--------------------------------------
7:30pm

As I was adding my diamond ear rings and gold bracelet. I parted my hair down the middle and feathered both sides lightly in the front. I was completely confused on what to do once I was ready. His card explained nothing after me getting ready. I walked down the hall to see if he stopped by Drew's, and there was a sticky note with his same hand writing on the inside of the front door.

Go get in the car.

P.S. what I tell you about leaving the door unlocked?

I laughed a little and went and grabbed my clutch throwing my Ultimate Dish lip gloss, phone, charger, wallet, and mace into my clutch. Once I got all that ready , I was in the car. I was confused again until Drew came and knocked on my window, making me jump out of my skin.