Eid Mubarak

© All character copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad.

*

Requested by: thegirlwithyou2

*

Fawad

I was waiting outside in the car outside the Sheikh family home, already received the blessings of my parents-in-law.

Jasmina came outside, wearing a gorgeous white outfit, with her hair blowing in the breeze that was sweeping through the streets of Defence, Lahore. She was wearing the jhumka earrings but was carrying the bangles in their transparent plastic wrappers.

"Chudiyan nahin pehni?" I asked as she got in beside me.

*"Didn't you put on the bangles?"

"Pehnane waale to ab aaye hain." She smiled.

*"The one who was meant to put it on me has just arrived." 

Before we drove off, I unwrapped the bangles, took her delicate wrists in mine, and slid the bangles onto them. "Beautiful." I lifted up each of her hand and brushed kisses across her knuckles.

"Itna tang kyun karte hain mujhe?" She frowned. "Mujhe waqayi laga ke aap nahin aayainge. Kya Ammi ne zabardasti aapko behja hai?"

*"Why do you trouble me so much?"
"I really felt that you wouldn't come. Did Ammi force you to come?" 

I laughed. "No, actually, I intended to bring these bangles along, but got delayed there, so I told Fari to tell you that I am staying with Ammi."

"Aapko kabse dishonesty aagayi?" She asked.

*"Since when did you learn dishonesty?" 

"Surprise ki khatir to chal jaata hai kabhi kabaar." I drove towards the shopping area where the rest of the family had gone. I had told my sister that we would catch up with them there. It wouldn't have been fair to get some secret couple time while leaving our daughters with the rest.

*"It's acceptable for a surprise sometimes."

"Ab tak khoob laad uthwa rahi hongi aapki betiyan." She muttered.

*"Your daughters must be getting seriously pampered right now." 

"Maa se sikha hai unhon ne. Aap bhi khoob nakhre uthwati hain."

*"They learnt that from their mother. You also get seriously pampered." 

The shopping area wasn't too far away, and we were there before we knew it. Immediately, we spotted the ladies of our group sitting around by a stall where a few mehendi artists were applying mehendi. Currently, little Hani was having mehendi done on her small hand, and she was watching it with great interest. Meanwhile, Iman and Ibrahim were running around, screaming and laughter, with the males of our family keeping a close eye on our little troublemakers.

While Jasmina went to join the ladies, I walked over to the guys.

"How much trouble are you in?" Arhaan teased me, patting my back.

"Don't ask, Bhai." I grinned, looking towards Mina, who was laughing and talking to Fari and Nazia Bhabi now.

"You are an idiot." Arhaan told me simply. "Come."