Fawad Ali (Part One)

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

MINA'S HUSBAND

Fawad

It was the night I signed the Nikah Nama, changing Miss Jasmina Sheikh into Mrs Jasmina Fawad Ali.

I stood in my bedroom, in my casual grey trousers and white t-shirt, unable to believe that I was her husband now. It had been our mehendi tonight, and tomorrow I was going to bring her home with me. In Sha Allah.

She was in my Nikah now, my responsibility, and officially would be under my protection now.

A stupid, cheesy smile appeared on my face as I paced the room. Should I message her?

No, she must be tired, poor girl. I don't want to disturb her sleep. She has an even tiring day ahead of her tomorrow, dressed in a heavy lehenga and jewellery.

My bride.

Mina.

I got onto the bed and grabbed my phone, unable to help myself.

<Fawad: Are you awake?>

I winced at my impulsiveness after I had hit the send button and set the phone with the screen facing down. I had barely set it down for a few seconds, when I received the reply.

<Mina: Yes, I am. I'm too tired to sleep if that makes sense.>

<Fawad: Tired or excited?>

I could imagine her blushing as she read the message, her red painted nails tapping away on the phone screen as she thought of a reply, biting her lower lip, with her medium-brown hair curtaining her face.

Or maybe she's thinking that her husband thinks too much of himself.

<Mina: *thoughtful emoji* Excited? What's there to be excited about? It's just a normal day.>

I grinned and dialled her number.

"Assalam Alaikum." Her soft voice came through, making my heart beat erratically.

"Walaikum Assalam. Normal day, huh?" I folded my arm underneath my head, the smile refusing to leave my face.

"Isn't it?" Her tone was teasing.

"Zayada tang kiya na, wahan aajaon ga, aur tumhe uthake yahaan le aaonga aaj hi, Mina Madam."

*"If you tease me too much, I'll come there, and bring you back here today itself."

"Meri marzi ke baghair?"

*"Without my consent?" 

"Trust me, sweetheart, aapki marzi hundred percent hogi us main." I got up and walked over to the window.

*"...you're consent will be present hundred percent."

"Aapko neend nahin aayi? Fatima Aunty bata rahi theen ke aap khud hi apni shaadi ke kaamon main lage huay thay saara din."

*"Aren't you sleepy? Fatima Aunty was telling me that you were doing the chores for your own wedding the whole day." 

"Nikah Nama sign karne ke baad to saari neend bhaag gayi hai kahin dour aasmanon main." I stared up at the starry sky. 

*"After signing the Nikah Nama, my sleep flew away far up into the sky." 

"Meri bhi." She admitted. "Mujhe yakeen hi nahin ho raha ke main aapki biwi hoon. Main ab Jasmina Sheikh nahin, Jasmina Fawad Ali ban gayi hoon."