Birthday Gift!

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

This fanfiction is specially for a very special friend, thegirlwithyou2 as it's her birthday today (11th December).

Happy Birthday to one of the biggest FawMina fans I know. Thank you for loving Jasmina & Fawad so much!

*

Fawad

<Mina: Have you forgotten what day it is today?>

<Fawad: What am I forgetting? It's not your birthday, or anniversary, or the birthdays of Hania or Iman.>

I frowned as I took a seat in my office.

<Mina: How can you forget?!>

S**t, what am I forgetting?

I focused on the date on the calendar at my desk, frowning again as I thought about it. It was nobody's birthday today, not even back home. It wasn't anyone's anniversary, right? I went into the calendar app on the phone, where everyone's birthday and anniversaries were saved, to be repeated each year, but there was no mention of anything on today's date, apart from the surgery that I had just performed.

<Fawad: Okay, seriously, Mina. What am I forgetting?>

She read my message, but there was no reply, which meant that she was seriously p***ed. I dialled her number, sighing.

"Assalam Alaikum!" She answered, grumpily.

I smiled. "Walaikum Assalam. What's going on? What am I forgetting?"

"It's Hania's first performance in the school play!" She reminded me. "You said that you'll rush here straight after surgery, and here I am, waiting here with Iman, with no sign of you."

I winced, closing my eyes and leaning my head back against the back of the chair. I'd forgotten to put this into my calendar. "Mina, I completely forgot. I'm so sorry. I'll leave now."

"It's a school play, not a desi film that it will run for three hours. By the time you arrive, it will be over." She said. "Hania will be so disappointed."

Ironically, Hania was playing the role of a butterfly in a scene that depicted the spring season, in an educational play that showed the four seasons. Hania, who was just five, was pretty nervous about it, and had repeatedly 'warned' me to come.

"Leaving now. I'll be there, In Sha Allah." I knew it was highly unlikely, but I had to try at least. I locked up my office as I spoke and then rushed to the locker room to change and grab my things.

"I have to hang up. The show's about to start."

"Mina, make a video. I'm coming, but..." I could hear the disappointment in my own voice.

"It's okay." Her voice softened. "I'll explain to Hania. Just don't drive like crazy."

I'd wasted too much time after surgery, grabbing a coffee and chatting around with colleagues. I should have gone straight to Hania's school.