the plant dad chronicles

after a long couple months in america, chaos had finally arrived back in korea. and while his relationship with his mother was still mending, they had made tremendous progress together. chaos was happier, and more showy with his emotions since being back. in fact, when chaos got to the dorms he gave every single member a big hug and told them he was thankful for them. the others had never been more confused in their lives, taking that chaos only showed them great affection by writing them a note on each of their anniversaries. jungwoo was also taken back at the extra affection, even though they hadn't seen each other in a while, but he wasn't going to complain about it. carats also noticed the youngest member of seventeen had become more affectionate towards the members, even if it was just in small ways.

chaos often spent his time between his dorms and jungwoo's. he would either spend his time with mark or jungwoo, or both of them. even the rest of the 127 members began to enjoy having chaos over, even if he was quiet most of the time. chaos made an effort to open up more and everyone around him helped him do so.

chaos had started going to therapy at the request of his family and friends and felt like he was beginning a new chapter in his life.

"chaos... sweetie... why do you think you should buy another one?" jungwoo's voice is soft and slightly concerned as he watches his boyfriend drag another large plant into his bedroom.

"yes... why?" chaos furrows his eyebrows and stares at the older boy. jungwoo points to the corner of the younger's room that has started to become overgrown with green leaves. "you got your own room and you don't know how to act." jungwoo points out, pushing himself off of his boyfriend's bed and walking over to play with the leaves of chaos' new plant.

"you're going to grow old surrounded by a bunch of plants." jungwoo means for it to come off as a playful tease but to chaos the idea seems ideal.

"chaos did you buy another plant?" vernon bursts through the door and sees the younger couple playing with the plant like a child. hansol sighs and rolls his eyes "i told you not to buy another plant."

"i didn't buy another plant... i already had this one." chaos tries to cover himself up with a small smile but vernon can see right through his lies. "there's a trail of first from the front door leading into your bedroom and you're going to tell me you didn't buy another plant?"

"i told him not to." jungwoo puts his hands up in defense when hansol gives him a questioning look. "enjoy your plant children for now because if you get dirt in the carpet one more time jun is going to kill us all."

jungwoo turns to the plants, "are these our children?" chaos stares at the plants for a minute end thinks about the older male's question, "yup, and this is our newest son... leaf."

"his name is leaf?" jungwoo furrows his eyebrows at the name his lover has given their 'child' "yes, leaf." jungwoo slowly agreed on the name leaf and sat back down as he watched the younger water the new plant.

chaos laid next to his boyfriend when he was finished and admired his corner of plants. "maybe i should just get you some plants for your birthday this year." jungwoo comments, running his fingers through the taller's hair.

"i didn't get you anything for your birthday." chaos sits up at the sudden realization and jungwoo chuckles in responses. "yes you did."

"no i didn't, we went to your parents place for your birthday, but i didn't get you anything." chaos, now distraught, sighs and lays back down. "you did give me something for my birthday."

"what?" chaos turns to the older expecting a serious answer to ease his nerves. "your v card."

the comment makes jungwoo laugh but chaos just rolls his eyes and watches his 'children' slowly grow in the sun.

sorry for the hiatus ish